Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-07, 21:15

Cool

Vista is well known for having serious issues with its drivers. Especially concerning wifi, firewire and USB. Hence I can imagine Focusrite or someone else recommending disabling wifi. Remember that they are experts on their own hardware/software no matter what rubbish you've read online.

Whether you want to believe it or not, we are all trying to help you out here. You wont get far here by insulting people.

You're on your own now as far as I'm concerned, good luck!!
Old 2012-11-07, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmaybey View Post
Vista is well known for having serious issues with its drivers. Especially concerning wifi, firewire and USB. Hence I can imagine Focusrite or someone else recommending disabling wifi. Remember that they are experts on their own hardware/software no matter what rubbish you've read online.

Whether you want to believe it or not, we are all trying to help you out here. You wont get far here by insulting people.

You're on your own now as far as I'm concerned, good luck!!
Who's insulting who?!

Quote:
...I doubt that they said that somehow...
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...16#post1172716

I see my reply with prove made you shut up already.
Never call me a liar, nor directly nor indirectly, moron.
Old 2012-11-08, 05:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by something View Post
Are you using the latest drivers (v2.4) as well on Vista?
What else did you changed?
What are your latency/buffer size settings?

Thanks.
Yes I'm using the latest drivers on a vista 64bit Laptop. Like I said before I had problems whenever I first installed it. I would stop working as I was using Reason. I don't remeber what my latency/buffer size settings are (I don't have it hooked up right now because it connected to my desktop). I did change them because whenever I hooked up my Korg nano key there was too much latency. It hasn't given me any problems other than the first few times I used it (first two days). I hope it works out for you dude.
Old 2012-11-08, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphathead View Post
Yes I'm using the latest drivers on a vista 64bit Laptop. Like I said before I had problems whenever I first installed it. I would stop working as I was using Reason. I don't remeber what my latency/buffer size settings are (I don't have it hooked up right now because it connected to my desktop). I did change them because whenever I hooked up my Korg nano key there was too much latency. It hasn't given me any problems other than the first few times I used it (first two days). I hope it works out for you dude.
Ok, if it works for you on Vista, i'll give it another try and hope i can find the right latency/buffer settings so it will be stable.
Thanks.
Old 2012-11-08, 14:27

@djphathead Ok seems i got it working a bit without crashing by changing the buffer size.

I have sound coming OUT of Reason and OUT of the computer trough the Scarlett 2i2, but recording sound seems a different story and that is exactly the reason why i purchased this audio interface.

I can't get this to work, as there is no audio signal incoming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfu4n4KcAI

More bugs:

-. I can only select 44100, not 48000 or 96000
Result in no sound at all.

-. It only shows 16-bit while this is a 24-bit audio interface

Old 2012-11-08, 16:01

Ok installed Reason on another computer running Windows 7 64bit, and installed the latest Focusrite 2i2 Drivers.
All the same issues appear as in Vista 32bit https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...9&postcount=23

I can hear sound trough the Scarlett 2i2 but recording anything is impossible.

Also on Win7 it says it's 16-bit.
So anyone knows what's going on here?
Is it a 24-bit audio interface or a 16-bit?
They advertise it as 24-bit....

Also the screenshot is the same, on Win7.
Old 2012-11-08, 17:26

Does the interface have it's own properties / preferences page or console with settings?

My AudioFires for example have a console where I set the default to be 16 or 24 and then the OS reads that setting for the bit depth. Perhaps you have the internal default of your interface set at 16.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:42

Hi Something,

I'm sorry you are still having trouble with you Scarlett 2i2.
Please call me today when you are with your gear (Tuesday 20th between 9:30am and 5pm) so we can go through the setup and get everything working.
I can also answer any questions you have relating to this.

Best Regards,

Ben Ware // Tech Support Engineer

DDI: +44 1494 836 349 | Skype: benw-focusrite

Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
Windsor House, Turnpike Road, High Wycombe HP12 3FX, United Kingdom

Last edited by focusritesupport1; 2012-11-20 at 12:24.