Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-19, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisG View Post
Believe what you like I don't really care! I just wanted to say that you can do anything that Anti does with Thors so that's why Anti is an overpriced device. And if you are not biased you would agree with that....
I don't agree with your logic, that is all. I hope you don't feel that I'm attacking you for this. But I don't agree with your logic.

What you are saying is pretty much the same as that i.e. the real Minimoog or the Dave Smith Instruments Poly Evolver Keyboard is overpriced because you can do the same sound but more with i.e. a Virus TI? For me, that is what you are saying with your logic, and I simply don't agree with that.

I'm not biased, I just don't agree with you.
Old 2012-11-19, 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstreets View Post
I have Antidote and the Korg Poly6 and am finding that I use these pretty seemlessly in my production alongside Thor.
Yes, this highlight is most excellent. It's not like we can't use Thor anymore just because we use PolySix, Predator, or Antidote.
Old 2012-11-19, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre51 View Post
This new RE synth Antidote is what i talking about. the full body sound with an amazing fx. The colour in these fx are money making. i routed the antidote into the fx return and used its fx bay to make thor sound banging its the best fx in reason now. i can use 1 aux to do reverb delay phaser eq on the fx to control the mud that delay and reverb can do and apply to all. thanks so much for this antidote.
I should know this, but could you describe how you routed it into the FX send / return.. for some reason i can't get the send to work through any of the FX.
Old 2012-11-19, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXode View Post
I don't agree with your logic, that is all. I hope you don't feel that I'm attacking you for this. But I don't agree with your logic.
I never felt you attacked me, you are very polite, I had bad experiences from others here, that goes to them.

Software world is a little bit differed especially in Reason.

In real world lets say all the producers of the planet had the Moog synth , if another company wanted to sell their products should become competitive in price level or in the features that has to offer, otherwise only few would bought their product.

Everybody in Reason world own Thor...

I cant see any attractive price at Anti nor some special features, only some ease of use that doesn't really matter to me.

I can understand your points and you are right in some ways , but i hope you understand me too.

Enough said, i got tiered of this.

Cheers.
Old 2012-11-19, 18:42

NVM.. i didn't hit the little activate button after routing it haha..
Old 2012-11-20, 09:52

I like trance antidote is my synth but i have found that thor and antidote go hand and hand this could be the best thing they ere done. but i hope something comes out for you soon.
Old 2012-11-20, 10:17

ok go to the fx return click the last device maybe its the delay click the edit button under it and then that should hi light the delay device . now hold shift and click antidote, now press tab go behind to fx send and what ever channel is free route it in to ext input and then the out put into the fx return. done : )
Old 2012-11-20, 17:09

I agree with this 100% Thor is very flexible and has little nuances that make it sound great, which unfortunately are easily missed by novices, it can sound absolutely jaw dropping when piped through the right FX. Reason instruments seem to get slated mostly for there intentionally Dry sound, me personally I have no problem shaping dry sounds how I like them, but new/inexperienced users want the moneyshot sounds right off the bat, without shaping it themselves, an experienced producer prefers to have the option to shape things exactly how they want. It's good to have both options though and Antidote requires less input for fuller sounds and has good quality FX to pipe it through, is indeed a welcome addition but is not as flexible as Thor.
Old 2012-11-20, 17:26

People who say thor sounds better than antidote need to listen to proper speakers/headphones and have no prior hearing problems. They're different synths and when it comes to pleasant soft sounds like pads, antidote wins within miliseconds. IMHO it's worth the 79 euro's introprice.
Old 2013-06-17, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisG View Post

I personally don't need Antidote because I am a Thor master, someone else might need Antidote for his own reasons.
Hi Dimitris, do you have any examples of your music online? I'd love to hear what you can do with Thor. I'm not being facetious, I'd honestly like to hear what a Thor-Master can do!
Also, how would you simulate the 'Drift' and the Unison stereo spreading functions of Antidote?