Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-11-20, 23:31

Audiotool is a technical marvel. Looking at it and your concept again got me thinking. One interesting spin-off about your tidy, non-overlapping, angular wire approach is this retro 2D gaming-inspired generative idea:

The possibility for separate and unconnected wires, which have no formal connection relationship to each other, to be influenced by additional disruptor beacon widgets that you can place around the layout. These can be LFOs, signal joiners/swappers, CV teleporters, or however you want to present them. And, they can autonomously move about the layout, so all the modulation modulates. I don't know if you ever saw the old Auto-Illustrator graphics application from Signwave, but I'm thinking that kind of semi-autonomous widgetry. It would be like Reason meets Tower Defense. Except, Reason is all grown up and stuff now, so it would have to be something else...
Old 2012-11-22, 02:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
Creamware / Sonic Core have the best concept for me!

The Scope Platform is the best music/sound/gear/Midi/Asio tool ever
That's an interesting way to look at how the node systems progressed from single line versions to make it more clear in where the wires crossed to their destinations if they indeed cross although the interface does look like something which you would find in a hydro-or gas based power station. Audio Tools wires actually use a similar method but can still be lost when overlapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsh View Post
Audiotool is a technical marvel. Looking at it and your concept again got me thinking. One interesting spin-off about your tidy, non-overlapping, angular wire approach is this retro 2D gaming-inspired generative idea:

The possibility for separate and unconnected wires, which have no formal connection relationship to each other, to be influenced by additional disruptor beacon widgets that you can place around the layout. These can be LFOs, signal joiners/swappers, CV teleporters, or however you want to present them. And, they can autonomously move about the layout, so all the modulation modulates. I don't know if you ever saw the old Auto-Illustrator graphics application from Signwave, but I'm thinking that kind of semi-autonomous widgetry. It would be like Reason meets Tower Defense. Except, Reason is all grown up and stuff now, so it would have to be something else...
Yeah, when I was designing it, I almost felt I was creating something from the film Tron / Arcade Game, the grid lines/colour background was made to look like that of which you would find on a oscilloscope display.

The idea of using thin gs such as disruptor beacons and CV teleporters is interesting, what you're describing reminds me of this. https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=166725

It transcends Reason's natural wiring system but in a way so does the Node system I've illustrated in it's simplistic way (further demonstrated by the capabilities of Audio Tool). I guess it depends in whether Reason wants to stay in the past or move forward to the future with a hybrid fusion of both technologies. If the former, then the creative potential will be rather exciting. I've never seen the old Auto Illustrator but I did find an image of it on google .