Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-20, 01:29

Ingnition Key Fix

Try this: enter the following into your broser.
http://localhost:22350/Content.html

This should give you access to the key.

Click config. enter your PC 's IP into the 'Bind address' feild (Start ->Run: 'cmd' ->ipconfig all for those who dont' know how to get your ip info - i'm sure you do)

The port should read : 22350

Let me know if it works...

On a side note and perhaps should be a seperate topic.... i found out my computer hangs if i shutdown and reboot. The ignition key causes my PC to hang as it is trying to boot an OS off the key... It somehow changed my BIOS boot priority adding the USB as #2 before my HD. I nearly did a system recovery before realizing what it was.
So in short, i had to reset my BIOS to exclude the usb...Anyone else hear of this?

Last edited by evolve187; 2012-11-21 at 02:53.
Old 2012-11-21, 06:21

@evolve187

Thanks for the suggestions, but nothing worked

When I entered "http://localhost:22350/Content.html" in my browser it opened up the CodeMeter WebAdmin. But I got the following error message:

HTTP ERROR 500
An internal server error occured.
Please check the CodeMeter log file for more information.

I entered my IP address for the bind address, but it still didn't work.

So, I emailed CodeMeter a couple days ago, but haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm willing to try any other suggestions. Thanks.
Old 2012-11-21, 10:04
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderj22 View Post
@evolve187

Thanks for the suggestions, but nothing worked

When I entered "http://localhost:22350/Content.html" in my browser it opened up the CodeMeter WebAdmin. But I got the following error message:

HTTP ERROR 500
An internal server error occured.
Please check the CodeMeter log file for more information.

I entered my IP address for the bind address, but it still didn't work.

So, I emailed CodeMeter a couple days ago, but haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm willing to try any other suggestions. Thanks.
Have you contacted our suppor? We're here to help. Going "rogue" and messing with the CodeMeter files can do the opposite of helping you.
Old 2012-11-21, 23:18

@MattiasHG

Hi MattiasHG, I bought my boxed copy from a GuitarCenter store in the USA. Do I contact Line 6(the US retail distributor) or can I directly email propellerheads for support?

Thanks!
Old 2012-11-23, 14:10

ignition key not working

I had the same issue as everybody else here so I read thru this whole thread and it took me 12 hours on thanksgiving day, but I finally figured it out.

I believe the problem has to do with firefox and phrem protocol association. Sp if u dont have another computer to troubleshoot on I would recommend completely uninstalling and re-installing the newest version of firefox.

but anyways when attempting to read my IK firefox would always give me the error message "firefox doesn't know how open this site because the (phrem) protocol is not associated with any app" and it would not give me the option to associate phrem with any app.

what I had to do was login to PH on a whole another computer that was running the same OS download and install reason 6.5.2 this time when attempting to write to IK FF prompted me to associate phrem with an app. Naturally I choice Authorizer. Then I used chrome and was successfully able to write to IK. Now I can plugg it in on the original computer I was working with and am able to open up reason 6.5 w/o a issue.

what a BS hassle
Old 2012-11-23, 23:01

OMG! It's working finally! It(propellerheads.se) actually found my Ignition Key and wrote the license to it. Here's how I did it:

I emailed CODEMETER(as I mentioned previously), today they responded back with this:

"Thanks for the CmDust-Log, I could recognize there is an error "Box Event HW410-535/ HW70-536 occurred" this points to a communication issue.

Have you try out the functionality on a second computer? Do this issue only appears o your computer? One of these reasons could be responsible for this behavior.

- Using a Front-USB Port could provide not sufficient Power to the CmStick, please use a direct USB Port on your Motherboard.

- Some Security Tools blocks the communication to the USB Port, please deactivate them for testing purpose.

- A USB Port could be damaged or defective

Please check your issue in this order.

After it still fails to run CodeMeter Stick, you can also try to use another Communication mode “UseUmsDA”. To change the communication mode please go to the Registry Key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS\CodeMeter\Server\CurrentVersion” and change “UseUmsDA” from “1” to “0”.

After you have done this please restart CodeMeter service. Please go to Start--> Program --> CodeMeter --> CodeMeter Control Center --> “Action” Tab stop and start after 10sec CodeMeter Service again.

If you have any further questions don´t hesitate to contact us again."

I think what fixed it for me was this line: change “UseUmsDA” from “1” to “0”

I hope this helps some other lost soul!
I'm so happy!

WARNING: Modifying the Windows Registry is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:03

Glad to hear you got it working...Happy music making!
Old 2012-12-12, 20:15

just cannot get it to work at all, i may have denied it in explorer not knowing what it was initially, but i cannot access my rack extensions because it is saying no connection to license server. Any help would be appreciated
Old 2012-12-12, 20:16

ps i have tried reinstalling reason 6.5 and authorizer but still no joy, opened all in firewalls, and tried disabling them as well.
Old 2013-01-29, 17:10

I have had all the problems people have been talking about. I haven't read every single comment and reply but what solved it for me was to do it in internet explorer instead of google chrome.