Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-24, 01:11
OuterSpruce

Rewiring FL as a slave into Reaper as a Host; Detecting FL?

(Issue regarding detecting FL Studio when trying to ReWire in Reaper.)

Hola, you unconditionally sexy people of DSP!

As a long-time FL-wanker, I just decided to expand my toolbox to the obviously awesome Reaper; mostly for the 64-bit processing compatibility; and its subsequent solid stability, hoping it will allow me to render some FL projects my computer couldn't handle in the desired sample rate. (96khz)

Also, with the addition of not only 64-bit processing, but 64-bit floating point summation, it looks like an impressive package.

But alas, when trying to open ReWire as a VST in a new track, FL is nowhere to be seen on said ReWire-list. :/

FL is installed properly, Reaper is installed properly; but it doesn't show up..
I suspect it may be a matter of the correct .dll's being in the incorrect folders or something like that; anyone who could elaborate?
Old 2012-11-24, 01:26

here : http://www.google.ch/webhp?hl=fr&tab...w=1004&bih=579
try to use google , I typed this : rewiring fl studio into reaper

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2012-11-24, 01:30
OuterSpruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterSpruce View Post
(Issue regarding detecting FL Studio when trying to ReWire in Reaper.)

Hola, you unconditionally sexy people of DSP!

As a long-time FL-wanker, I just decided to expand my toolbox to the obviously awesome Reaper; mostly for the 64-bit processing compatibility; and its subsequent solid stability, hoping it will allow me to render some FL projects my computer couldn't handle in the desired sample rate. (96khz)

Also, with the addition of not only 64-bit processing, but 64-bit floating point summation, it looks like an impressive package.

But alas, when trying to open ReWire as a VST in a new track, FL is nowhere to be seen on said ReWire-list. :/

FL is installed properly, Reaper is installed properly; but it doesn't show up..
I suspect it may be a matter of the correct .dll's being in the incorrect folders or something like that; anyone who could elaborate?
Of course I have tried to google it.
Would I have gone through the trouble of making an account on a forum if I had found sufficiently clarifying results in a search engine? :P

There's all tons of specific issues being more or less answered or ranted at in the context of Reaper, FL and ReWire, but all of them are already past the stage of actually starting FL as a slave in Reaper, which it seems I cannot, as Reaper doesn't detect FL at all.
Old 2012-11-24, 01:55

well then I think I cannot help you more because I never use rewire at all ,
((( steinberg did created rewire with props so they also could help I guess )))
the thing is it's week-end and props dont work until monday so appart from a few dudes that may pop around you may have to wait a bit good luck .

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2012-11-24, 02:17
OuterSpruce

Hmm, yeah, 'tis bad timing :P
Well, got the question up at the Reaper and Image-Line forums aswell.
Old 2012-11-24, 02:47

Whilst there are some knowledgeable pheads on this forum, who no doubt could probably help you with this, I must make the point that this is the propellerheads products, Reason, Recycle, Figure, etc.

It would probably be best to take up your support claims with the support team at Reaper or FL as your problem is with them, rather than rely on this forum, although I hope that somebody is able to assist here and help solve your problem.

PS. BUY REASON.
Old 2012-11-24, 12:22
OuterSpruce

Yeah; I know its abit far-fetched, but since PH helped develop ReWire itself, I thought it was worth a shot. :P