Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-24, 20:35
ElmoDB

Reason 5 Tempo Help?

Ok, so I am going to use Kong to play my drum pattern. I want something that can detect my tempo. Like, I play the pattern, and it automatically gets the tempo for me and sets it. Does this exist? BTW, this is for Reason 5. I can't set the tempo manually. I just have a hard time figuring it out is all.
Old 2012-11-24, 20:44
ElmoDB

If anyone could help me with tips to find the tempo by ear and set it manually if the auto thing doesn't exist, that would be useful as well!
Old 2012-11-24, 21:07

Try enabling "click" down left in the transport bar while playing back. This way you will have a reference to hold on to.
Also if you have audio material that you need to sync to, you should check out the "tap tempo" button. Just play back your drum loop or whatever and tap the button in the rythm, this way the tempo gets adjusted to your clicks.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:11
ElmoDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingEternal View Post
Try enabling "click" down left in the transport bar while playing back. This way you will have a reference to hold on to.
Also if you have audio material that you need to sync to, you should check out the "tap tempo" button. Just play back your drum loop or whatever and tap the button in the rythm, this way the tempo gets adjusted to your clicks.
I know about the click thing, thats what I was trying to use to see if I can get it correct. What is this tap tempo button
Old 2012-11-24, 21:14
ElmoDB

Quote:
Also whenever I record the beat and then do click, it changes the beats speed with it so it's like -_- >
Old 2012-11-24, 21:15

It basically sets the tempo according to your clicks, if you click it with an average speed of 2 clicks per second you`ll get a tempo of 120 bpm.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:19

For recording midi you usually set the tempo FIRST. Then you record your beat with click(=metronome) enabled, in order to hold the tempo you set.

Last edited by KingEternal; 2012-11-24 at 21:29.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:19
ElmoDB

Quote:
It basically sets the tempo according to your clicks, if you click it with an average speed of 2 clicks per second you`ll get a tempo of 120 bpm.
So I click the tap tempo button in the pattern that I play the drum pattern?
Old 2012-11-24, 21:20
ElmoDB

Quote:
For recording you set the tempo FIRST. Then you record your beat with click(=metronome) enabled, in order to hold the tempo you set.
That's what I'm looking for. I can't get the metronome to get the right tempo.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmoDB View Post
That's what I'm looking for. I can't get the metronome to get the right tempo.
look, if you want to get a feel for the metronome, press play in an empty file with click enabled. When you hear it clicking along try increasing or decreasing the tempo, the click will speed up or slow down.