Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-26, 17:07

Naming convention for Rack Extensions?

Hi all,

This actually is a question to both propellerhead and uhbik. I have noticed that every other device has a description in the context menu in reason.

But the ReStereo and Uhbik devices don't in the case of restereo i dont really care because i know what it is, but in the case of uhbik devices i keep forgetting which is which.

Is there a way to make the convention mandatory? Like the names i would like to see in that list are:

Uhbik A - Ambience & Reverb
Uhbik F - Flanger
Uhbik Q - Equalizer
Uhbik S - Frequency Shifter
Uhbik D - Multitap Delay

I am not using the devices on every track so sometimes its hard to remember which is which by just Uhbik and a letter.
Old 2012-11-26, 17:56

Definitely a good idea.

Besides, this whole popup menu will need to be re-designed eventually as more REs become available. Good luck trying to manage hundreds of REs using that thing.
Old 2012-11-26, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXTX View Post
Definitely a good idea.

Besides, this whole popup menu will need to be re-designed eventually as more REs become available. Good luck trying to manage hundreds of REs using that thing.
Yeah it really does need a RE Manager. So you can make your own sections, i posted about this before
Old 2012-11-26, 19:35

Naming convention for what? lol
VSTs don't have a naming convention too! For what?
30 RE devices, hm, I don't need any naming convention, it's not very much.
They can call it for example ReButt or REnis, important is the functionality! And I know,when I have to use a device.

Uhbik F - Flanger
Uhbik Q - Equalizer
Uhbik D - Multitap Delay

Its so simple! D-Delay, S-Shifter, Q-eQualizer, F-Flanger, A-Ambience+Reverb, come on!

Last edited by downi; 2012-11-26 at 19:55.
Old 2012-11-26, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by downi View Post
They can call it for example ReButt or REnis, important is the functionality! And I know,when I have to use a device.

Uhbik F - Flanger
Uhbik Q - Equalizer
Uhbik D - Multitap Delay

Its so simple! D-Delay, S-Shifter, Q-eQualizer, F-Flanger, A-Ambience+Reverb, come on!
Good grief man, really? I thought the OP's suggestions were an excellent idea. Frankly, it should be mandatory. Or are you serious?

Old 2012-11-26, 20:17

Quote:

Uhbik F - Flanger
Uhbik Q - Equalizer
Uhbik D - Multitap Delay

I like order, now most RE fx have a description and uhbik dont. I understand its easy for other people, but i keep thinking whats this device again.

I would appreciate it if you would read my post before you come up with a dumb answer like that. You dont even understand what i mean if you come up with things like: " They can call it for example ReButt or REnis, important is the functionality!"

Very mature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Good grief man, really? I thought the OP's suggestions were an excellent idea. Frankly, it should be mandatory. Or are you serious?

Op's suggestions?
Old 2012-11-26, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
Op's suggestions?
Well yes - you're the OP, right?

Quote:
Is there a way to make the convention mandatory? Like the names i would like to see in that list are:

Uhbik F - Flanger
Uhbik Q - Equalizer
Uhbik D - Multitap Delay
Old 2012-11-26, 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
I dunno does it mean Operator? I didnt know these terms were used outside of IRC or on forums

Last edited by PsyTale; 2012-11-26 at 20:54.
Old 2012-11-26, 21:14

Quote:
I like order, now most RE fx have a description and uhbik dont. I understand its easy for other people, but i keep thinking whats this device again.

I would appreciate it if you would read my post before you come up with a dumb answer like that. You dont even understand what i mean if you come up with things like: " They can call it for example ReButt or REnis, important is the functionality!"

Very mature!
I had read your post! My answer wasn't dump, or are you mean I'm a dumb?

There is a D for Delay, and you need a description for a D on Uhbik-D!

No, I don't understand to be bone idle to appreciate simple things!
Old 2012-11-26, 21:19

Quote:
I had read your post! My answer wasn't dump, or are you mean I'm a dumb?

There is a D for Delay, and you need a description for a D on Uhbik-D!

No, I don't understand to be bone idle to appreciate simple things!
If you had read it you would have known I'm not talking about the Re names itself. I'm merely talking about the description in Reason. You can think that using words like "ReButt" and "Renis" come across mature and non intrusive, but i'm on the receiving end of that comment and I can inform you they don't.

I'm going to be the mature one now and stop this trolling madness, it was just an idea. If I had known a person could respond so strange I would not have posted it.

Last edited by PsyTale; 2012-11-26 at 21:45.