Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-26, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
I dunno does it mean Operator? I didnt know these terms were used outside of IRC or on forums
Ah, I see your confusion now. OP = original poster... You do realize I was agreeing with your original post, yes?
Old 2012-11-26, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Ah, I see your confusion now. OP = original poster... You do realize I was agreeing with your original post, yes?
Yes, i did get that! I just didn't know the OP thing meant " original poster" i guess we keep learning everyday I get why you asked that and changed "Persons" in my previous post to 'a person' sorry bout the confusion
Old 2012-11-26, 22:14

OK, I'm trying to be seriously now!
Yes, I understand your question! And it is not very confortable for the user, to have a description for most devices and for some not! Thats not uniform!
But, and thats what I mean: for about 5 or 6 devices no description is not a big thing. For the Uhbik deviceses you can derive the function/FX.
I have a VST Folder with more than 100 VSTs, the names of the VSTs are not descriptive most of the time
Old 2012-11-26, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by downi View Post
OK, I'm trying to be seriously now!
Yes, I understand your question! And it is not very confortable for the user, to have a description for most devices and for some not! Thats not uniform!
But, and thats what I mean: for about 5 or 6 devices no description is not a big thing. For the Uhbik deviceses you can derive the function/FX.
I have a VST Folder with more than 100 VSTs, the names of the VSTs are not descriptive most of the time
Thanks for that, you see my concern isnt really about these 5 devices, but about the fact that more companies might do this. Eventually it will become a hot mess. Thats why i asked about the "naming convention".

Then again by that time there problably is a RE Manager in Reason.
Old 2012-11-26, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by downi View Post
..and another reason why the VST standard is a hot mess.