Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-27, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
Why do you think it is everyone is sidechaining?
so the kick doesnt clash with the bass and anything ekse that might get in its way. Thought it would make it too pumping?
Old 2012-11-27, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodadod View Post
so the kick doesnt clash with the bass and anything ekse that might get in its way. Thought it would make it too pumping?
Depends on how you are mixing it
Old 2012-11-27, 13:53

Smile

Quote:
no lol, i actually wanted it to sound clicky, maybe not AS clicky but there you go ha
I was wondering if you meant that. It works, but I never would have thought to try it.
Old 2012-11-27, 23:27

Quote:
Another question, doesn't that little lead riff that comes in over the main synth riff freshen it up at all?
The lead riff that comes in over the main riff helps but in my opinion, it's not really enough. It has similar tonal qualities and it relates to the main synth riff which hasn't changed and can still be heard clearly. Listeners need a complete break from hearing certain sounds after awhile. This is especially true for higher pitched piercing sounds which cause ear fatigue quicker. PsyTale is correct about the dynamic issues too.

Music

Artwork

Last edited by DIGITUS; 2012-11-27 at 23:33.
Old 2012-11-28, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITUS View Post
The lead riff that comes in over the main riff helps but in my opinion, it's not really enough. It has similar tonal qualities and it relates to the main synth riff which hasn't changed and can still be heard clearly. Listeners need a complete break from hearing certain sounds after awhile. This is especially true for higher pitched piercing sounds which cause ear fatigue quicker. PsyTale is correct about the dynamic issues too.
Will keep that in mind. Got an idea, will try it out and see how it goes.
Old 2012-12-01, 03:24

song is really good.... just needs more percussion. especially at 1:55. that deserves a big percussion drop. really good though!!!! i like it alot!!
Old 2012-12-01, 15:02

Arrow Good start

A decent first tune, to be sure - but as has been said, the Equalizaztion (bass, mid, treble) is off. Also, I would like to see more work with the filters of the synth parts!
Keep on Truckin', Guys & Girls... i5 2.5 GHz Spring 2011 iMac with 4GB RAM & (My Rack Extensions): ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, AutoArp, RE-2A Leveling Amplifier, HM1 Headphone Monitor Correction, DCAM BusComp, DCAM EnvShaper, Etch Red Dual Filter, Morfin XF Crossfader, Mesher-4K - CV Knobs Mix Panel, Ozone Maximizer, Charlotte Envelope Generator, AMMO BR1200 Modulation Synthesizer, REQ131 31 Band EQ, Audio to CV, Neutron Particle Emitter, CV Tuner, Probability Drum Trigger, A-Series 1 Modular Synth, A-Series 2 Modular Synth, Buffre Beat Repeater, Spacre Blank Plate, PX7 FM Synthesizer, Audiomatic Retro Transformer, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Pulsar Dual LFO, Radical Keys, Radical Piano, Synchronous Effect Modulator, CV Suite Line Mixer, CV Suite Line Processor, CV Suite Parametrix, Stereo Splitter, Peak Programme Meter, RE 200 Bass Enhancer, RE 202 Exciter, PredatorRE Instrument, SubBoomBassRE Instrument, ReMark Rack Divider, Softube Saturation Knob, Synapse DC-2 Dual Chorus, Synapse Antidote Synthesizer, Randrome Audio and CV Randomized Gate, CMD:Equation Math Module, Truth Logic Gate, Now, Uhbik F, Uhbik G, Uhbik S, Renoun Reverb, Yoko Band-Splitter.

Please - Check out FREE Music!

http://www.standbyghost.org/

Peace!
Old 2012-12-02, 11:51

I think it sound pretty nice to be your first "ever" reason track even if it not my cup of tea

It seems like you coud work more with the dynamic. "Etch Red" If you whana spend cash on Re fx.

Also work more with delay "left & right" that bring it to a more dreamflow.
I like to some use RV70000 Eco throught the line mixer. Then you can controll the L&R pan. Or use the nasty Pulsar to controll that stuff

Finaly let me just write one more thing " Sidechain the beat and play god

Ive got some personal favorites if you thinking about to get some RE-fx/instrument

♥PREDATOR (Rob Papen) gave Reason to LOVE reason. Massive pads & arp & seq etc etc
♥Rob Papen RP Distort give your instrument collour from heaven "or hell if you like"
ECHOBODE is a wounderfull fx tool. Give your sond wieard sound and personality
Polar dual (If you dare) This one is fukcing crazy. be warned!
Snyapse is one of my favorite instrument standing next beside ♥Predator♥ She or he "if you like" let you automate every singel button/knob and that give you the perfect ingredience to make the raw electro toucht in your music.

Well i coud keep going for hours but i stop here for a while. I hope i coud give you atleaste one "aha!"

Good luck & Dare to think outside the box ♪