Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-11-29, 01:52

Trouble with Saffire Pro 14

Just got a Saffire Pro 14 today after my Fast Track C400 was drawing too much power from my laptop. Everything is working (audio inputs, headphone outputs) with Reason and communicating properly except for the MIDI. I'm not getting any signal from my keyboard through the interface. Audio tracks are fine but no instrument is coming through.

I know this is probably more of an interface problem than a Reason problem, but if anyone uses the same interface and could shed a little light - I'd appreciate it. Thanks...
Old 2012-11-29, 05:01

Did you configure the Saffire MixControl?
The manual is @ their website...If I remember correctly.
electro world

zillis is two people (brothers). just so you know.
Old 2012-12-04, 00:57

Thank you for your help. I had forgotten to delete the previous device as the primary MIDI control in the Reason preferences. I deleted that and made sure that the new Saffire device was the default controller and was good to go.
Old 2012-12-04, 04:18

I would read the manual for the 14 to set up the software correctly, if you haven't already, it's worth your while, because the software acts as a stand alone mixer as well as sound card output, you can literally be sending dual (the same signal stacked on top of each other) audio through your speakers. You wont realize this is happening until you hear it NOT happening...I was doing that, until I fully understood the manual.
electro world

zillis is two people (brothers). just so you know.