Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-02, 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Haha, listens to Alex Jones but fears to listen to even 54mins of science in fear of being convinced the world is just run by psychopaths and not man-eating lizards? j/k

Seriously, what she says should not offend but rather be interesting for any person of any religion or belief She seems to be a very open minded and undogmatic person.
I´m not offended by the clip at all. I actually do know that while we all really like to think we are ¨alive¨ and think for ourselves (whatever that means) in fact we are not. It´s all chemical reactions deciding our decisions and actions. I´m just happy i had the right chemical stuff in my brain up untill now (as far as i know) lol. Great stuff man and definately bookmarked
Old 2012-12-02, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub08 View Post
The only thing I can guarantee to be 100% true is: scientists, religious people and atheists alike, are all significantly less significant then they think.

I actually believe the opposite to be true: everyone is significantly more significant than they think.
since we're at it:
Old 2012-12-02, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
I actually believe the opposite to be true: everyone is significantly more significant than they think.
since we're at it:
I was just speaking towards the "ego" really.
I dont have a spare hour and a half at the moment but, that definitely looks interesting!
Of course, if what it seems to be saying is true (if i get the gist) then, there is an unlimited, unbound knowledge that we all have access to! So...he could have just stayed at home and, somebody else would have eventually discovered that "theory".

I still think it all turns to dust under the sun.

And I think the one thing that all people have in common (science or religion) is that they are afraid to accept that the most plausible answer to this question yet, is something like: "nothing" or "no purpose at all". It scares them and/or makes them sad.

Anyway its a loaded thread...not really the place for "breakin it down"..forum rules and whatnot.

I will leave with this, What if the Universe does have a purpose and, just hasnt figured it out for itself yet? Maybe its just going through its teenage years right now and, doesn't know what it wants to be.
""Oh that first eleventy billion years? Was just a phase.""
Old 2012-12-02, 16:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub08 View Post
I was just speaking towards the "ego" really.
I dont have a spare hour and a half at the moment but, that definitely looks interesting!
Of course, if what it seems to be saying is true (if i get the gist) then, there is an unlimited, unbound knowledge that we all have access to! So...he could have just stayed at home and, somebody else would have eventually discovered that "theory".

I still think it all turns to dust under the sun.

And I think the one thing that all people have in common (science or religion) is that they are afraid to accept that the most plausible answer to this question yet, is something like: "nothing" or "no purpose at all". It scares them and/or makes them sad.

Anyway its a loaded thread...not really the place for "breakin it down"..forum rules and whatnot.

I will leave with this, What if the Universe does have a purpose and, just hasnt figured it out for itself yet? Maybe its just going through its teenage years right now and, doesn't know what it wants to be.
""Oh that first eleventy billion years? Was just a phase.""
nice
while the universe itself may not have a purpose, life itself does have one: to be lived
but you're right he talks about how a single proton physically contains the mass of all the matter in the entire universe, suggesting that all protons are 'entangled', or more commonly: the One is the All, the All are the One.
and of course someone else could have figured out the same thing, but then again maybe he's that exact someone else, and a thousand other people who knew about it just kept their mouths shut to avoid the flaming of the other scientists
Just love that kinda stuff.
Old 2012-12-02, 16:55

^^^ yep, life gotta live!

I bookmarked the vid for later, when I do have the time. I don't want to seem dismissive or anything, will def check it out!
Old 2012-12-02, 17:22

Check out this episode of "The Universe". A really cool series. Got the complete DVD set with dozens of episodes. Really cool stuff: