Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-03, 08:24

Beta testers wanted

If you could be interested to mix in 5.1 with Reason, I can give a license to beta testers of my new Rack Extension, Ambient Simulator 51, contact me here or at https://www.facebook.com/yoursoundscape, thanks,
Luigi
Old 2012-12-03, 09:08

Hi Gigidesign,

Quick question, is this for mixing on a 5.1 system, or does it emulate the 5.1 listening experience?

Also I don't use facebook personally, but I have access to an account.

Distortion Chain Demo Song
Loading SoundCloud…

Tritone Demo Song
Loading SoundCloud…

AutoTheory Demo Song
Loading SoundCloud…

LittleLFO Demo Song
Loading SoundCloud…

Buffre Song Challenge

https://soundcloud.com/massivesoundcanada
Old 2012-12-03, 09:22

Hi sbader,

it is for mixing on an ITU setup of speakers, L, R, C, LFE, Ls and Rs. It has 6 in and 6 out because it isn't a simple panner but a sort of DBAP modified by me for surround. You have to use two spider to clone the audio source and send it to the six inputs, I can provide a Reason Session ready-to-go if you want... thanks for your interest.

Luigi Agostini

luigiagostini2@gmail.com
Old 2012-12-03, 11:30

Now there is no excuses Propellerhead, Let us have video support in Reason
Old 2012-12-03, 13:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisG View Post
Now there is no excuses Propellerhead, Let us have video support in Reason
Hmm its one of those features im not sure about, on the one end i like the idea on the other end it may screw things up I must admit sometimes when i need to edit a video i think to myself hmm what if Reason would be able to do that..
Old 2012-12-03, 13:35

I think if propellerhead were able to introduce working with video in a very basic and simplified, yet useful way, I think it would be a very great addition. But I believe we're a long way away from having video support in reason, I mean, we only just got the ability to record audio in reason recently and a lot of people are still waiting for MIDI-OUT, which have both taken long enough.
Old 2012-12-03, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by koma7 View Post
...But I believe we're a long way away from having video support in reason, I mean, we only just got the ability to record audio in reason recently and a lot of people are still waiting for MIDI-OUT, which have both taken long enough.
I agree, Propellerhead = small turtle steps.
Old 2012-12-03, 22:09

I'd love to try this out but I don't think I'd be able to properly test it with only my two monitors or headphones to choose from.
If I had a decent surround sound 5.1 system I'd do this! Would be able to create some awesome soundscape tracks
That being said the end product (my track) wouldn't get listened to by others on a surround system anyway unless I land an awesome job making tracks for cinema releases - bliss
Old 2012-12-03, 23:30

I don't believe the RE is intended for users with surround sound systems, the RE is just to allow for more dynamic panning and stereo field placement, such as making sounds appear closer or further away, it's not so much to satisfy users with surround sound, but more to allow more 3 dimensional placement of your sound source, it's a technique used a lot with classical recordings.
Old 2012-12-04, 00:02

I am wondering how you would export a 5.1 audio file with Reason.... maybe with multiple stereo exports.. who knows.... :/