Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-07, 23:56

Guitar pitch

How can I change the pitch of the guitar with the combinator when played into an Audio Track?

I want to use my Pod X3 and maybe the combinator's pitch wheel. I would like to have a high and thin guitar sound.
Any ideas?
Old 2012-12-08, 01:31

Hi

If you want real-time pitch shifting for your geetar than Polar RE is the way to go. Watch some of the Tuts.

You can try using the included Neptune but this won't give the same smooth result at all. You could also use the innate pitch shifting features of Audio tracks but this will not be "live".

The other option is simply to fool the ears by using a combination of playing, EQ and other similar processing to deliver a thin tone.

I hope that helps.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2012-12-08, 08:23

+1 for Polar
I use it a lot to pitch my guitar , it works super well

Best
Michel
Old 2012-12-08, 17:35

Oh God, I forgot Polar. Yes.
Thanks and sorry for the dumb question.
Old 2012-12-08, 19:28

I tried polar, but I hear the original guitar tone and the sound affected by polar and other effects. How can I hear only the sound I've created in Reason?
It's the same problem when I don't use the Pod X3 only the sound card's line in.
Old 2012-12-09, 04:39

I think you just need to get your head around your routing a mixing set-up/options.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2012-12-09, 12:12

Well I've tried every combination. But the dry signal of the guitar is always there.
When I play through PodX3 then the PoDX3 is the "dry" signal which is audible while the effected signal is audible too.
Old 2012-12-09, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullpoti View Post
Well I've tried every combination. But the dry signal of the guitar is always there.
When I play through PodX3 then the PoDX3 is the "dry" signal which is audible while the effected signal is audible too.
Not sure if I understand you, but Polar has both an on off switch and a volume rotary for the dry signals.
Old 2012-12-10, 15:15

No I don't meant the dry signal option in Polar, but the dry signal of the guitar. The tone when you're not plugged to any effect or pedal. That tone is audible with the effected tone (effects of Reason).
If I play through my PodX3 pedal it's the same thing. I hear the tone affected by the pedal + the tone of Polar or any other effect in Reason. But these are two different tones at one time. Like the Dual Tone in PodX3. Normally I should hear one tone.