Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-09, 18:47

Cool Reason 6.5 and Omnisphere

Hi, I recently installed Spectrasonics 'Omnisphere' on my computer. I have Reason 6.5 and love it...but was wondering if Reason 6.5 and Omnisphere are compatible. I can't find it in Reason 6.5 extension Rack. I did some research and I am not sure if Reason supports this software. I wanted to use Reason 6.5 as a host in order to run Omnisphere. I tried looking for some tutorials on Rewire...(Sill trying to figure this one out)...does anyone know how to get these two programs to work together, or how to get Omnisphere to work with Reason 6.5?

I would appreciate any help...thanks
Old 2012-12-09, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk148 View Post
Hi, I recently installed Spectrasonics 'Omnisphere' on my computer. I have Reason 6.5 and love it...but was wondering if Reason 6.5 and Omnisphere are compatible. I can't find it in Reason 6.5 extension Rack. I did some research and I am not sure if Reason supports this software. I wanted to use Reason 6.5 as a host in order to run Omnisphere. I tried looking for some tutorials on Rewire...(Sill trying to figure this one out)...does anyone know how to get these two programs to work together, or how to get Omnisphere to work with Reason 6.5?

Hi. Reason is not compatible with any plugin format other than RE, which can only be acquired on this site here. The best way to get Omnisphere and Reason to work together is to use Omnisphere in another DAW (Live, Reaper, Cubase, etc) and rewire Reason to it.
Old 2012-12-09, 20:50

Quote:
I've used Reason for several years......

Quote:
Interesting. Strange. Intriguing. Did I say strange?

Grum.
Old 2012-12-09, 21:09

Quote:
I did some research and I am not sure if Reason supports this software.
If you did some research:

re·search
/ˈrēˌsərCH/
Noun
The systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish fact

You would probably be sure that reason does not support this software.

as Bones stated above, you'll need an actual vst host to... well...host vst's
Old 2012-12-09, 21:49

Quote:
Hi, I recently installed Spectrasonics 'Omnisphere' on my computer. I have Reason 6.5... how to get Omnisphere to work with Reason 6.5?
Basically, use a DAW such as REAPER, Ableton, etc. Rewire Reason into it. Use Omiphere as VST.