Propellerhead Software
  #21  
Old 2012-11-27, 15:04
GEEGIO GEEGIO is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17
Can someone confirm its the California number I need to call? I couldn't call yesterday due to work.
  #22  
Old 2012-11-27, 15:09
adfielding's Avatar
adfielding adfielding is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEGIO View Post
Can someone confirm its the California number I need to call? I couldn't call yesterday due to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasHG View Post
Please get in touch with our e-mail support, they know what's up. Keep in mind we're only at the office during weekdays though.
Get in touch with Propellerhead Software, not Line6.
  #23  
Old 2012-11-28, 00:36
slevin slevin is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 264
LOL! Welcome to the world of Music Production. Where we as are not even given the status of customers let alone people and certainly NOT human... lol! We are nothing but bags of flesh with credit cards for purchasing more of their "precious product".

Sad thing is that they are ALL the same. The community is your best bet for help and they are a lot of good people here
  #24  
Old 2012-11-28, 11:21
Recurse's Avatar
Recurse Recurse is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin View Post
LOL! Welcome to the world of Music Production. Where we as are not even given the status of customers let alone people and certainly NOT human... lol! We are nothing but bags of flesh with credit cards for purchasing more of their "precious product".
In my experience, I would say around 90% of software licensing issues or installation problems are totally the fault of the end user. They kick up a big stink and make lots of noise about how the manufacturer is at fault, is useless and are out to rob everyone blind in the hunt for massive profits. Most of the time, they've not fully read instructions or have misunderstood them. They then disappear into the night without so much of an apology.
__________________
My slave name before I was turned on myself is totally immaterial. As far as I'm concerned your slave name is equally pointless.
  #25  
Old 2012-11-28, 13:51
OMOMs's Avatar
OMOMs OMOMs is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recurse View Post
In my experience, I would say around 90% of software licensing issues or installation problems are totally the fault of the end user. They kick up a big stink and make lots of noise about how the manufacturer is at fault, is useless and are out to rob everyone blind in the hunt for massive profits. Most of the time, they've not fully read instructions or have misunderstood them. They then disappear into the night without so much of an apology.
Exactly!
Those who can read have a clear advantage
__________________
cheers!
fredhoven
  #26  
Old 2012-12-09, 16:58
GEEGIO GEEGIO is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17
Actually, Propellerhead apologized for the mix-up and fixed the main problem. In other words, it wasn't a user error.

I was going back and forth with them on a separate (but related) issue regarding my ignition key - and it's been radio silence on Propellerhead's part a week after they told me they would look into it. I'm not looking for solutions to that on this forum, thanks. Just pointing out that customer service could be more active.

I work in an industry where customer service is 24/7, perhaps my expectations are too high.
  #27  
Old 2012-12-10, 01:30
ryszard's Avatar
ryszard ryszard is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 691
Geegio,

Thanks for following up and letting us know how it came out. PH support is, on the whole, quite good, but Things Happen. Unfortunately, you have been the subject of several inappropriate remarks because a total failure is so rare.

I, too, work in a technical field in which 24/7 support is the norm. Alas, this is usually not the case with consumer products. Nevertheless, I am glad that things worked out, although it is regrettable that it took so long.

I hope that you will be forgiving of the few users who were less than accepting and continue to participate in what is usually a tolerant and helpful community.

Richard
__________________
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Reason 7, BIAB 2013
Intel i5 2500K 3.3 Ghz, Gigabyte ZX77X-UD3H, 16 Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM
OCZ 60 Gb SSD, WD 1 Tb Caviar Black 7,200 RPM HD
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA
  #28  
Old 2012-12-10, 02:04
lunastationnadj's Avatar
lunastationnadj lunastationnadj is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Unfortunately, you have been the subject of several inappropriate remarks because a total failure is so rare.
I just had a quick read through the thread and saw no inappropriate remarks, in fact most responses were very supportive and trying to find a solution.

Do you mean there were inappropriate remarks elsewhere in the forum?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:47.