Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-06, 01:51

6.5 Mixer & Legacy Files

Just bought Reason 6.5 and started working with some old stuff from Reason legacy files (Reason 3.0). The 14 line mixer from the legacy file transfers into new reason files and mixes into just one channel of the main mixer. Is there an easy (or hard) way to have the instruments routed into the 14 line mixer route instead into new channels on the main mixer? I hope not to have to work with two separate mixers for all of my old projects.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Old 2012-12-08, 05:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonreams View Post
Just bought Reason 6.5.. and started working with some old stuff from Reason legacy files (Reason 3.0). The 14 line mixer from the legacy file transfers into new reason files and mixes into just one channel of the main mixer. Is there an easy (or hard) way to have the instruments routed into the 14 line mixer route instead into new channels on the main mixer? I hope not to have to work with two separate mixers for all of my old projects.
The fact that no one is answering you seems to indicate there's no way to do this other than manually rewiring.
Can't think of one myself.

BTW I myself had to do a fair amount of manual rewiring -- dozens of Reason 4 sounds that used spider units to go from Combinators to the Hardware Device...
Old 2012-12-08, 05:17

Only this brutal method:

Delete your 14:2 mixer. Select all devices that were connected to it (by holding SHIFT). Right click on them and click "Auto-route Device". This will create and connect a mix channel for each.

Needless to say this method destroys all your 14:2 settings (panning, levels, sends, etc).
Old 2012-12-10, 22:29

Yes RXTX. Just what I needed. Thank you much.