Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-02-25, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
As you know, guitar is incredibly difficult to sample properly and equally difficult to program convincingly.

NN-XT, without keyswitching, really isn't cut out for it IMO. To be fair, I haven't heard yours. I'm a guitar player so not likely to go there. (good luck though)
PerfStrat and the upcoming volume 2 feature quite extensive key-switching, but of course this is Thor-based, and limited to only two switches per Thor, and then limited to only 4 actual switches (using Thor CV in and assuming you want to use the Combi programming knobs - you can have 8 keyswitches if you didn't use those, but that severly limits the users adjustment options).

The next sample player does need native keyswitching, and far more versatile options, esp a proper pre-envelope release mode. And the ability to name outputs, rather than being forced to route through, say, a spider, just to get a usuable label on your mixer.
Old 2012-02-25, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgrimes View Post
Agreed.

And another thing is that I never heard about the Reason Strat refill untill Jiggery Pokery mentioned it.

How will I now to buy something if I don't know it is out there?

I know the Props do a pretty good job of showing all of the 3rd party commercial refills, but sometimes even sorting through them, you have a hard time knowing whats out there.

And yes if you have a high priced refill (over $200), people will want a demo of some of the patches (one of which should be good enough to convince someone to buy it).

The market is out there and hopefully by Props going the dongle route, that might curb some of the piraters from using Reason which might also equate to less Refill piracy.
a lot of truth here too. A lot of refills that I have I got because I heard about them on the PUF and only on the PUF. A lot of these refills are good ideas and if people branched out to more unknown places and start marketing towards more mainstream audiences their sales should improve. I don't believe that most Reason users come to this forum at all.
Old 2012-10-18, 00:06

I'm with you. Make some realistic sounding strings to compete with NI and East West. That would make things so complete
Old 2012-12-11, 10:56

Real instruments here

You guys might check out this other forum post I started, here: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=165222
Just trying to gather some of the "real sampled instrument" refill resources all in one place. Hope it helps!
Controller: Novation SL MKII