Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-12, 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
we need a driver or a way to sample anything playing in the soundcard stream without having a super sound card or a 3rd part soft like jack wich never worked for me anyway , and also a knoob to switch the recording sound source because cables are cool but I loose myself in them sometimes .
Ahh the trials of running a PC. That's why I left that world behind for my main machine almost 10 years ago.
I have one around for vsti that are pc only but I just never dug the OS all that much.

While this comment is off topic . I can record anything into reason with my computer speaker. I use to do it on tour all the time.

Anyhow .... I'm still in shock developers are locked out from making samplers
Old 2012-12-12, 22:53

I feel your pain.... I wish we had all kinda of new samplers up in this joint BUT REASON 7 THEY WILL FIX IT
Old 2012-12-12, 23:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernine View Post
I feel your pain.... I wish we had all kinda of new samplers up in this joint BUT REASON 7 THEY WILL FIX IT
I hope so. We need them to really focus on the audio editing abilities and general work flow solutions rather then making samplers and instruments at the moment. (i still cant get resson to sync to logics clock correctly since newest 6.5 Update)

i was under the impression it was one of the main reason why we have the RE format. To lighten the load for them. Don't get me wrong I love the new things put out . The new fm synth included ,it just leaves me questioning things naturally when I see other developers with such talent in the pool for the RE format..

But on the otherside of things (such as a update).The next update needs to be worth it for everyone . Knowing there style over there ...ill be eating my words come 7 release time. And I truly hope I do...
Old 2012-12-13, 00:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkatron View Post
I hope so. We need them to really focus on the audio editing abilities and general work flow solutions rather then making samplers and instruments at the moment. (i still cant get resson to sync to logics clock correctly since newest 6.5 Update)

i was under the impression it was one of the main reason why we have the RE format. To lighten the load for them. Don't get me wrong I love the new things put out . The new fm synth included ,it just leaves me questioning things naturally when I see other developers with such talent in the pool for the RE format..

But on the otherside of things (such as a update).The next update needs to be worth it for everyone . Knowing there style over there ...ill be eating my words come 7 release time. And I truly hope I do...
Even if we do get them , with the current GUI limitations and non existent editing functions , it remains in 1994 lol Each sampler based RE would need to have access to the record sample function, editor and hopefully by the time they allow this access, users can use recycle inside the editor meaning devs can take advantage of REX format.

I suppose we all have allot to look forward to.

Old 2012-12-13, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannEmmanuel View Post
Even if we do get them , with the current GUI limitations and non existent editing functions , it remains in 1994 lol Each sampler based RE would need to have access to the record sample function, editor and hopefully by the time they allow this access, users can use recycle inside the editor meaning devs can take advantage of REX format.

I suppose we all have allot to look forward to.

some really good points. Thats why i mentioned my impression of what RE would do for the work load over at pheads. we all know this environment is truly amazing for midi. i would honestly like to say the same about the audio editing capabilities.

In regards to recycle, it simply just needs to be a RE. end of story.. give everyone the option who owns it to have a free upgrade and still use stand alone or RE everyone else has to buy it. that would be a really lazy start ..but at least its a start in the right direction.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:22

Quote:
It's been almost or has it been? 10 years since we have seen a sampler that's new . We need to see a sampler for 2013 . Not 1994 like we currently have .
Logics EXS24 is even older I think and Halion is a drag, still those spiffy new samplers don't let me exactly do more than Kontakt (effectively).. And most stuff I actually need I can easily do in NN-XT.. I guess its good that each app has its own tradition in terms of samplers.
Old 2012-12-13, 02:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Logics EXS24 is even older I think and Halion is a drag, still those spiffy new samplers don't let me exactly do more than Kontakt (effectively).. And most stuff I actually need I can easily do in NN-XT.. I guess its good that each app has its own tradition in terms of samplers.
I wouldn't compare anything to exs24 man. i mean come on. that was the bomb when i was using logic 3.

reason was still in beta then........

kontakt is a much better example. I dont need much but i absolutely need to be able to edit the wave form and marker points. the flexibility is just not there with out a work around. kontakt is a really smart and very organized sampler that is very flexible in ways no instrument in reason is. If you dont see that.. then i guess we wont see eye to eye. thats fine with me. (its as if they took the dr rex,nnxt, and the n19 and jammed it together and then some)

in regards to logic. look at logics time stretch for a great work flow example . something i would love to see in reason but not really on topic of my request.. that audio function is just mind bending on how well it stretches audio while retaining the integrity of the original source. Flex time is a great work flow for sampling and recording instruments to cut up and put into a sampler.. then you can just hit audio track to sampler and you have it laid out. That alone is all the audio editing you could want to prep it for a sampler.

i agree its nice to have all these companies have there own version of things. BUT....after 10 over years of reason. i think a new sampler is not that much to ask for and a very needed thing in the rack. it would be very helpful for me. i know not everyone has the same work flow as me. but i use this stuff all day everyday. and it would most def help me.
Old 2012-12-13, 02:13

Quote:
I wouldn't compare anything to exs24 man. i mean come on. that was the bomb when i was using logic 3.

reason was still in beta then........

kontakt is a much better example. I dont need much but i absolutely need to be able to edit the wave form and marker points. the flexibility is just not there with out a work around. kontakt is a really smart and very organized sampler that is very flexible in ways no instrument in reason is. If you dont see that.. then i guess we wont see eye to eye. thats fine with me. (its as if they took the dr rex,nnxt, and the n19 and jammed it together and then some)

in regards to logic. look at logics time stretch for a great work flow example . something i would love to see in reason but not really on topic of my request.. that audio function is just mind bending on how well it stretches audio while retaining the integrity of the original source. Flex time is a great work flow for sampling and recording instruments to cut up and put into a sampler.. then you can just hit audio track to sampler and you have it laid out. That alone is all the audio editing you could want to prep it for a sampler.

i agree its nice to have all these companies have there own version of things. BUT....after 10 over years of reason. i think a new sampler is not that much to ask for and a very needed thing in the rack. it would be very helpful for me. i know not everyone has the same work flow as me. but i use this stuff all day everyday. and it would most def help me.
I wasn't comparing features directly, I rather made the point that its pointless to do that.. What I was saying is that having an "outdated" sampler is nothing unusual in DAW circles.
Old 2012-12-13, 02:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
I wasn't comparing features directly, I rather made the point that its pointless to do that.. What I was saying is that having an "outdated" sampler is nothing unusual in DAW circles.
That makes allot more sense ... But having a updated sample IMHO is far from pointless....

Last edited by Monkatron; 2012-12-13 at 02:45.
Old 2012-12-13, 21:30

monkatron , you would be surprise of how cool pc's are these days and the bunch of stuff you have inside for there prices if the choice on the product is well done ! but the 16 bits sound card on board are not so great but for exemple my asus costed me around 900 dollars 9 month ago and it got the latest i7 3770 and a 2go video card so I am happy plus asus make there own motherboards so it's safe in the way that they dont burn up like a acer could . a mac with the same speaks and maybe less good composents would have cost me 2500 dollars ! ouch
I am not a fan of Mac for many reasons but if I had a company that make cash using computers I would invest in both PC and Mac because mac are dead safe and stable the bad things with them is the upgrades and the prices but I admit they are very good in many points I just cannot pay what they ask for .

but yes we need a way to sample that audio stream and I 'm waiting a lot on it !

Quote:
Ahh the trials of running a PC. That's why I left that world behind for my main machine almost 10 years ago.
I have one around for vsti that are pc only but I just never dug the OS all that much.

While this comment is off topic . I can record anything into reason with my computer speaker. I use to do it on tour all the time.

Anyhow .... I'm still in shock developers are locked out from making samplers

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !