Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-13, 04:19

Logic Pro and Rewire Effects

New to VS 6.5 and attempting to use rewire in Logic 9. Just so I'm still clear on this, there is still no capability to bus logic pro tracks into reason effects and back?
Old 2012-12-13, 09:08

Reason still is ReWire slave only so it goes in one direction from Reason to Logic.

http://soundcloud.com/electricfusion
Old 2012-12-14, 15:48

You may have better luck using Something like Soundflower, then setting Logic as a clock source for Reason to follow.

Soundflower acts as a virtual soundcard, which can route out from Logic and be used as an input source in Reason. Logic's clock would then sync the apps...
Old 2012-12-14, 16:06

Or just set up one computer for Reason and one for Logic and connect them via an audio interface like I do

Computers are not really made for doing all the audio stuff we want from them at once. You can basically either play instruments effectively or do lots of processing. Not really both at once. So in most studios you see separate computers for stuff. I often saw one full PC for one single Native Instruments virtual instrument already ^^ And not like old ones, I saw some with SSDs and whatnot.
Old 2012-12-14, 16:37

Exclamation Please enlighten me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Or just set up one computer for Reason and one for Logic and connect them via an audio interface like I do
how exactly do you do this? .... I would like to do this... I've got a digi 002 interface and a midi time piece... is it doable with what I have? or, do I need some other interface ?
Old 2012-12-14, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneykube View Post
how exactly do you do this? .... I would like to do this... I've got a digi 002 interface and a midi time piece... is it doable with what I have? or, do I need some other interface ?
Well you connect the audio outputs of the Reason machine to the audio inputs of the Logic machine and the MIDI output of the Logic machine to the midi input of the Reason machine
Old 2012-12-14, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Well you connect the audio outputs of the Reason machine to the audio inputs of the Logic machine and the MIDI output of the Logic machine to the midi input of the Reason machine
ok , thanks, I get what your saying... so it looks like I need another audio interface as well as a new computer to do this.