Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-15, 04:00

Maschine MK2

Does anyone know if the Maschine MK2 is compatible with Reason 6? Was looking to pick one of these up but just wanted to check and make sure it would work first. Can't find anything about what recording software it's compatible with on Native Instruments website. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 2012-12-15, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paycheck View Post
Does anyone know if the Maschine MK2 is compatible with Reason 6? Was looking to pick one of these up but just wanted to check and make sure it would work first. Can't find anything about what recording software it's compatible with on Native Instruments website. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
What kind of compatibiity? If you want to record Maschine into Reason, the apps do not link directly. You need Soundflower or JackAudo to do that internally but there will be no way of synching the two. I, and many others, have been asking NI for ReWire support in Maschine so in the future we'll be at least able to record Reason in Maschine.

Otherwise, if you simply want to use the controller to control Reason, there are loads of templates available on the internet.
Old 2012-12-15, 18:10

If you want a Maschine control template for Reason, I just finished mine yesterday.
Old 2012-12-15, 22:42

Well I want it to record into Reason. If I was going to just use it as a controller I wouldn't buy a Maschine. Well if this won't work with reason do you know of a comparable sampling pad that works well with reason?

Last edited by Paycheck; 2012-12-15 at 22:47.
Old 2012-12-15, 22:50

Quote:
Well I want it to record. If I was going to just use it as a controller I wouldn't buy a Maschine. Well if this wont work with reason do you know of a comparable sample setup that works well with reason?
Reason does not host any apps, it is a self-contained package. However, Reason has its own samplers in the rack plus audio tracks. Now, if you want to use a particular app in Reason, the best possibility is described in my post above.
Old 2012-12-16, 03:40

Maschine (MK1/MK2) can both be used in midi mode with any DAW/VST, from there you can either use the control editor to make your own mappings or purchase Maschine-R which is a 3rd party software solution for using Maschine with Reason.
Old 2012-12-16, 15:08

as far as i know you cant use the maschine in reason.

you may put an Audio signal from maschine to Reason and record audiotrack but you cant open maschine as Plugin and work with midi.
Old 2012-12-16, 16:32

Quote:
Yes it would work with Reason and any other daw
Old 2012-12-16, 19:39

So now people are saying opposite things here. Is there a way to put it into an interface as an instrument input and record that way?
Old 2012-12-24, 12:40

any chance you could hook me up with your maschine mk2 template? i have one for mk1 but it wont load. ?