Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-05, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by baysee View Post
what electric drum kit can use with propellahead record via usb?
Hey baysee, I suggest you start up a new thread in the forums relating to the issue you are having so this thread stays tidy and on topic. Otherwise you may not got as much help or attention as you would like. You can do this by going back to the forums and clicking the button that says 'New Thread'.

You'll probably get more help this way and other users will find it easier to get answers too.
Old 2012-12-05, 15:45

If you can let us know the best way to send some feedback on the device that would be great
Old 2012-12-05, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigidesign View Post
Hello turnuptheac and joshuajohn89,

please send to me at
luigiagostini2@gmail.com
your Propellerhead username and I will enable the download on your user pages, thanks

You will have to use spider to multiply the audio sources you want to upmix/spatialize because AmbSim is not a normal panning but a sort of 3D DBAP spatializer modified... the RE has six inputs and you have to send the same mono channel to all the six inputs.

I can send you some template sessions, if you want, but you will have to replace the RE in the Rack window and patch again all the cables... (screenshot in attachment)

Thanks in advance for your support,

All the best

Luigi
I know nothing about your RE, but it would seem logical (if I'm understanding the basics of your RE) to suggest that you include a single mono input that does the 'spidering' internally for you (which is a super simple feature to implement). This would not only avoid confusion but clutter as well, and would simplify the setup process to boot. Best of luck with your new venture! :-)
USA
Old 2012-12-05, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
I know nothing about your RE, but it would seem logical (if I'm understanding the basics of your RE) to suggest that you include a single mono input that does the 'spidering' internally for you (which is a super simple feature to implement). This would not only avoid confusion but clutter as well, and would simplify the setup process to boot. Best of luck with your new venture! :-)
After I tried it out a little today this was one of my suggestions to make things a little neater. I've got a few suggestions and feedback for the developer but I won't dish it all out here because that wouldn't be fair to the developer at this stage but I agree with selig on the internal spiderski's
Old 2012-12-05, 20:44

Hello VillaNDubstep,

Maybe you haven't noticed my email on the other posts, that's is indeed the best way to contact me, thanks

All the best,

Luigi
Old 2012-12-05, 21:03

Thanks Selig,

Your advice makes sense but only because, as you say, you do not know the RE, Which is 3D. Taking the connections outside, you can use multiple instances of Ambient Simulator to make other setup of speakers in case of 3D installations or live electronics for example 8.0, 10.2 and so on. Or smaller configurations such as quad stereo-compatible or 6.1 with Lh and Rh. Moreover, in post-production often center and LFE are not spatialized but treated as discrete channels, in fact, it seemed more logical to leave the user the ability to be creative at the expense of a bit of hassle with links ...

However, my intention is to provide a range of combinators with links included.

Thanks again,

All the best

Luigi
Old 2012-12-05, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigidesign View Post
Thanks Selig,

Your advice makes sense but only because, as you say, you do not know the RE, Which is 3D. Taking the connections outside, you can use multiple instances of Ambient Simulator to make other setup of speakers in case of 3D installations or live electronics for example 8.0, 10.2 and so on. Or smaller configurations such as quad stereo-compatible or 6.1 with Lh and Rh. Moreover, in post-production often center and LFE are not spatialized but treated as discrete channels, in fact, it seemed more logical to leave the user the ability to be creative at the expense of a bit of hassle with links ...

However, my intention is to provide a range of combinators with links included.

Thanks again,

All the best

Luigi
Not sure you understood me then, as you are the one suggesting using a Spider - I'm simply suggesting you build in that function so ALL options are provided. Adding a single jack on the back would make it easier to use this device as you have intended, IMO, unless I'm mis-understanding why you were saying to use a Spider in the first place.

You appear to be saying you don't agree with my idea, which is merely an extension of your idea - I'm having a difficult time understanding why. What am I missing here?

BTW, for a device to be "3D", you would need to address three axis: left/right, front/back, and top/bottom. Unless your device is addressing the top/bottom axis, it can't actually be called 3D, can it? Apologies if I'm being dense here and missing the obvious. :-)
USA
Old 2012-12-06, 07:41

No problem Giles,

I make 3D audio since 1997 and I am used to this kind of misunderstanding. The three basic faders for Ambient Simulator are x, y and z of the audio source in input. Those refer exactly as you say at left-right, back-front and down-up. The 5.1 is practically 2D but you can add another AmbSim and use Spider to send some copies of your source also to the second one. The first will take care of the low level of speakers and the second of the upper set of speakers. Choose how much copies of the source you want to send and realize the desired setup of speakers, any combination works just because you have separated inputs. From 8.0 to 10.2, from 4.2 to 9.1 (the one I prefer, you have stereo, 5.1 and 8.0 in the same setup, working also on a normal 7.1 home theater if you add two satellites and a switch). Obviously the xyz data sent to both the REs must be the same. I am working at an update that will also correct the delays for the upper side, but it is just for fine tuning, in little spaces like the ones address by the traditional surround home theaters the approach I described works already very well.

Do not hesitate to write again if I have not been exhaustive or you have more questions, thanks again and

All the best

Luigi
Old 2012-12-11, 09:56

Universal Spatializer

Thanks to all the beta testers, Ambient Simulator 51 is now submitted for Propellerhead review... Now the beta testing is available for Universal Spatializer,a new RE that lets you realize any configuration of speakers you desire from Stereo to 22.2 and beyond... it all depends on the number of in/outs of your hardware interface!

As always, just send your username to luigiagostini2@gmail.com if you are interested...

Luigi
Old 2012-12-15, 12:01

To all the beta testers: new versions of Ambient Simulator 51 e Universal Spatializer are available in your pages...

Thanks for your time :-)

Luigi