Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-13, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
I'd love to be able to lock a Reason device in it's current position in the rack. Is this possible already?! I can't find this option if it is there but it would be so useful. If I had a pound for every time I've tried to grab a knob/slider on a device with the mouse & accidentally picked it up, ready to drag the whole bloody thing to another location in the rack! Very frustrating. Right-click 'lock device in Rack' would be nectar Then simply right-click 'unlock device from rack' when you do actually want to move it. Simple

Haha. Dude. So may times! I've imagined this same feature and thought to suggest it but figured i'd get slagged into the ditch, "just learn to point your cursor!" Cheers!
Old 2012-12-14, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfujedi View Post
Haha. Dude. So may times! I've imagined this same feature and thought to suggest it but figured i'd get slagged into the ditch, "just learn to point your cursor!" Cheers!
Surprised nobody has mentioned it before. It's a very annoying litte characteristic that could be easily fixed.
Old 2012-12-14, 21:21

Perhaps it would help if rack devices could only be dragged when clicking the border (similar to sequencer tracks)?
• MacBook Pro 15'' 2.6 GHz i7 • M-Audio Ozone • Akai EWI USB • Korg nanoSeries • Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous •
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-12-15, 04:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatzle View Post
Perhaps it would help if rack devices could only be dragged when clicking the border (similar to sequencer tracks)?
Someone suggested something similar earlier in the thread & it's a great idea. It would still be easy to move devices when you actually wanted to, you'd be less likely to move a device by mistake & it wouldn't even require a 'lock devices' option like I originally suggested. All good
Old 2012-12-15, 05:16

Would be cool as well if they remained in their locations even if devices above are moved.

However, maybe that leads to the next question and possible problem? If devices can be locked, all it would take is one device 10 devices down to be locked in order for you not to be able to insert anything anywhere above it. Then you have to go figure out which one is locked so you can squeeze in another device. Does that make sense? Or am I thinking too much?
Old 2012-12-15, 05:18

However, I see that the dialog has shifted to moving the the 'drag/move' area. Just the rack ears makes total sense.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogboy1973 View Post
If I had a pound for every time I've tried to grab a knob/slider on a device with the mouse & accidentally picked it up, ready to drag the whole bloody thing to another location in the rack! Very frustrating.
Tell me about it. I could've sworn it wasn't so much a problem in earlier versions. *shrugs*

Last edited by vivadangermouse; 2012-12-16 at 12:26.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivadangermouse View Post
Tell me about it. I could've sworn it wasn't so much a problem in earlier versions. *shrugs*
I read earlier on another thread about this being more of a problem after a specific version of Reason (4 I think). Not sure if that's correct but in any case it's a bit of a problem & I think needs addressing. Seen a couple of other posts today in separate threads mentioning this issue. In devices that might have smaller, more fiddly controls to grab with the mouse it's apparent that it's a much greater problem - if you don't grab the control precisely you're moving the device & not the intended parameter! Very frustrating
Old 2013-01-21, 21:40

It changed (for the worse) in Reason 5 / Record 1.5:

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=145930

I have no idea how anyone possibly puts up with this in a performance environment!
Old 2013-01-23, 05:15

how about a lock at the top of each rack 'bay' that you could activate to lock all the devices in that row of the rack?

it wouldn't stop you dragging devices into the locked rack from an unlocked rack, but would stop devices moving when in the locked rack.

would be a great improvement

#58?

*** Ochen K's EDMDS Drum Synth ***