Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-20, 20:14

Another ig, key problem

Hoping for some help!! Please!!
I need to reset my ignition key for reason 6.5. Also I would like to be able to use my balance interface as an additional key. Is there number to call where I can actually speak to a tech??

Here's my story if you care to read on...I purchased a reason 6.5/balance bundle, it arrived a few days ago. I installed the reason software not realizing it was only upgrade software... (yeah, I know, please, lets move on). During the registration process I inserted my little red ignition key. Long story short, I could not register because I installed ONLY the upgrade software.
After many phone calls the salesperson and I figured out the problem. The balance interface came with reason essentials in the box, which I needed to install/register first in order to use my "upgrade to reason 6.5" software. As it stands now I have essentials and balance working, also I have updated to reason 6.5 which ONLY works with internet verification. I have tried to use "manage licenses" on the propellerhead website and I continually get an error saying my ig. key is already registered to another product.

I am hoping to be able to authorize the ignition key AND balance to run reason 6.5.

One last thing...Do I even need the essentials software now? Is it not just a condensed version of reason?? If so, why even use it if I can simply launch 6.5??

I would really appreciate any help!
Thanks in advance
Larry
Old 2012-12-20, 20:17

Contact support, they'll sort you out:

customercare@propellerheads.se
Old 2012-12-20, 20:27

Thanks Bonez, I did manage to get a phone number for a tech (cell phone number believe it or not) and am waiting for a call back. I figured propellerhead would perhaps have a call center. I'll send an email to your link as well, I may get a reply quicker.
Old 2012-12-20, 20:42

Based on what you've said, there's two parts to answer your question "do i need essentials".

(1) Essentials is your 'base license' and your R6.5 'upgrade license' is tied to it. You can't sell Essentials because you need that base license to tie your R6.5 and any future upgrade licenses to it. Since you are registered, your licenses are stored on Props server - but it is a good idea to keep the original Essentials disk and license info in the unfortunate event you decide to sell Reason.

(2) Reason 6.5 is a full version of the software (it is a full install, not something that adds on to your previous vesrion's instal) - so you no longer need to have Essentials installed on your computer. You can safely remove Essentials.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-12-20, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzanzo View Post
Hoping for some help!! Please!!
I need to reset my ignition key for reason 6.5. Also I would like to be able to use my balance interface as an additional key. Is there number to call where I can actually speak to a tech??

Here's my story if you care to read on...I purchased a reason 6.5/balance bundle, it arrived a few days ago. I installed the reason software not realizing it was only upgrade software... (yeah, I know, please, lets move on). During the registration process I inserted my little red ignition key. Long story short, I could not register because I installed ONLY the upgrade software.
After many phone calls the salesperson and I figured out the problem. The balance interface came with reason essentials in the box, which I needed to install/register first in order to use my "upgrade to reason 6.5" software. As it stands now I have essentials and balance working, also I have updated to reason 6.5 which ONLY works with internet verification. I have tried to use "manage licenses" on the propellerhead website and I continually get an error saying my ig. key is already registered to another product.

I am hoping to be able to authorize the ignition key AND balance to run reason 6.5.

One last thing...Do I even need the essentials software now? Is it not just a condensed version of reason?? If so, why even use it if I can simply launch 6.5??

I would really appreciate any help!
Thanks in advance
Larry
To remove the license from your Ignition Key, just insert your Ignition Key so it is attached to your computer. Then, log into Your Account, hit the Applications tab, then find Reason Essentials and/or Reason 6.5. You should see an icon next to each application that illustrates what it is registered on:

If you see an Ignition Key icon, then you should be able to remove it from this webpage. Just click "Manage License" and you should be able to "Remove" from your Ignition Key. You might try disconnecting Balance before trying this and only having your Ignition Key attached so it only has one dongle to view.

Last edited by EnochLight; 2012-12-20 at 21:01. Reason: moar
Old 2012-12-21, 02:22

First of all, thank you Steve Diverse. You answered my question, that is what I figured but I wasn't sure if I could safely remove essentials. Makes sense!

Thanks also to EnochLight. Your solution was a fix for a problem that I did not have...BUT...you pointed me in the right direction. I will explain in case anybody else runs into this problem. The physical software I got was reason 6. Once installed I was allowed to go to the prop. website and upgrade for free to reason 6.5. Propellerhead suggests for you to save all reason 6 sound banks then uninstall 6 then download and install 6.5. I believe this is where my issue began with 6.5 not recognizing my ig. key. I ended up clicking "show older versions" of reason on my account....rewrote the license for reason 6, which worked. Once I had authorization for 6, I was able rewrite the license for 6.5.
Now I have authorization for balance and lil' red on 6.5...perfect!
Hope this helps someone else in the future!
Old 2012-12-21, 02:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzanzo View Post
First of all, thank you Steve Diverse. You answered my question, that is what I figured but I wasn't sure if I could safely remove essentials. Makes sense!

Thanks also to EnochLight. Your solution was a fix for a problem that I did not have...BUT...you pointed me in the right direction. I will explain in case anybody else runs into this problem. The physical software I got was reason 6. Once installed I was allowed to go to the prop. website and upgrade for free to reason 6.5. Propellerhead suggests for you to save all reason 6 sound banks then uninstall 6 then download and install 6.5. I believe this is where my issue began with 6.5 not recognizing my ig. key. I ended up clicking "show older versions" of reason on my account....rewrote the license for reason 6, which worked. Once I had authorization for 6, I was able rewrite the license for 6.5.
Now I have authorization for balance and lil' red on 6.5...perfect!
Hope this helps someone else in the future!
Brilliant! Glad to see you got sorted. Welcome to Reason!