Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-21, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiftof View Post
No way to properly map it to a hardware controller or ipad. You could do that with the original hardware, so this is absurd.
IIRC you could do it with the first DX7, but only via sysex-messages. That wasn't easy to handle, either.
Old 2012-12-21, 21:46

Quote:
You do realize that right now the ONLY way to program PX7 is with a mouse or touchpad. No way to properly map it to a hardware controller or ipad. You could do that with the original hardware, so this is absurd.
I don't care about Prop's excuse which just points out that this product was most likely rushed. An FM synth having CPU issues?? Common! It's a digital design from the early 80's and there's countless other FM synths that fully mappable.
Yes, I do understand that. But you misunderstood his "excuse", its not having "CPU issues" but its saving CPU by sacrificing the remotable option. Just say "I want your ways to save CPU to be optional, I want the full remotable option" and everything is fine. Everything else is just a display of "I completely fail to get whats up here" and definitely less than constructive.

...this is like playing squash, I could do this all day xD
Old 2013-02-28, 08:16

Quote:
You do realize that right now the ONLY way to program PX7 is with a mouse or touchpad. No way to properly map it to a hardware controller or ipad.
This is indeed very annoying. Being the reason for this purely performance, then one simple workaround to make the limitation less serious: enable full remote control when PX7 is not playing.

Gate/midi on: remote/automation off
Gate/midi off: remote/automation on

This however might make it be on/off switching constantly, don't know if that wouldn't cause problems... anyway: an alternative to consider to the remote/automation on/off button
Old 2013-02-28, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by platzangst View Post
You seem pretty level-headed about what's reasonable for programmers; it'd be refreshing to see an opinion that didn't rely on some wild preconceived notion about how easy it would be for PH to "just do" something.
Yes, very interesting reading, this and the other one:
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/....php?p=1245924