Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-22, 02:06

Problems With Audio Interface and Sound

Hello,

I just recently added my Focusrite Saffire 6 to my setup as my audio interface and I cannot get it to work with Reason 6. As a matter of fact, I can get no audio at all even when using the ASIO4ALL audio driver instead. The Focusrite Saffire audio driver shows up in Reason as a selectable audio driver but it has the red "X" next to it and I cannot get it to do anything else. When selecting the ASIO4ALL, it turns green and I also get no sound even though I can see that my controller is triggering whatever instrument I create in Reason. I had Reason 2.5 but bought the upgrade to 6. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but thought I should mention. I also uninstalled the ASIO4ALL driver and downloaded the newest driver for the Focusrite to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 2012-12-22, 03:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrimes View Post
Hello,

I just recently added my Focusrite Saffire 6 to my setup as my audio interface and I cannot get it to work with Reason 6. As a matter of fact, I can get no audio at all even when using the ASIO4ALL audio driver instead. The Focusrite Saffire audio driver shows up in Reason as a selectable audio driver but it has the red "X" next to it and I cannot get it to do anything else. When selecting the ASIO4ALL, it turns green and I also get no sound even though I can see that my controller is triggering whatever instrument I create in Reason. I had Reason 2.5 but bought the upgrade to 6. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but thought I should mention. I also uninstalled the ASIO4ALL driver and downloaded the newest driver for the Focusrite to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Figured it out... The Focusrite Sapphires have issue when they are not running from anything other than a root USB hub on certain systems. I found this on the Focusrite site. They particularly have problems with i3, i5 or i7 intel Cores unless used with the root hub. I thought I would post my solution in case anyone needs this. Thanks.