Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-23, 21:03

Exclamation Bug with Duplicated Devices (v6.5.2)

I've discovered a bug in the latest version of Reason where the "Select next patch" and "Select previous patch" buttons don't work on duplicated devices. It doesn't seem to matter what device you've copied, or whether you use [Ctrl]+[D] or copy and paste, and it happens with Rack Extensions and native devices.

On a related note, is there a better place to report bugs? It seems like there should be a dedicated forum or topic for this purpose.

Thanks.
Old 2012-12-23, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddacorn View Post
I've discovered a bug in the latest version of Reason where the "Select next patch" and "Select previous patch" buttons don't work on duplicated devices. It doesn't seem to matter what device you've copied, or whether you use [Ctrl]+[D] or copy and paste, and it happens with Rack Extensions and native devices.

On a related note, is there a better place to report bugs? It seems like there should be a dedicated forum or topic for this purpose.

Thanks.
Not at home so I can't try to reproduce it, so the best advice is report it to support.
Old 2012-12-23, 22:05

I brought this bug up during the Beta for 6.5.2

This was the reply I received:

See point C in the quote.

Quote:
This should be fixed in the next beta.

The rules are:

A) "Load default sounds in new devices" checked: new devices should have a browse list (=up/down possible) from start

B) "Load default sounds in new devices" unchecked: new devices start with init patch and no browse list. Browser should still open in "home" folder though (FSB or RE presets location).

C) Copy or duplicate device clears the browse list (up/down not possible). This is an old bug that will not be fixed for 6.5.2.
Old 2012-12-23, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
I brought this bug up during the Beta for 6.5.2

This was the reply I received:

See point C in the quote.
Did you get a Polar for that? =)
Old 2012-12-23, 23:13

I've become so used to this, that I never thought of it as a bug, more as an annoying feature.
Old 2012-12-23, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyluck View Post
Did you get a Polar for that? =)
Yeah! I did get one at the very end, but I don't think it was for that particular bug. I reported several.

The e-mail I received just said that I "made a very helpful contribution to the testing".

I was more than happy to get Polar. I was going to get it in the Halloween sale, but ended up paying out to get the car repaired instead.

Last edited by Arsenic; 2012-12-23 at 23:42.