Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-27, 03:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygoff View Post
Sounds a bit like an electronic windchime generator to me...
Wind chimes FTW
Old 2012-12-27, 03:53

I was originally against the "high price" but now I think they're all fair.

An item is worth what the buyer is willing to pay.

Not all hobbies are affordable, and therefor not all hobbies are for everyone.

Like they say, when you compare it to the actual hardware its emulating, its a pretty good deal.

Uniqueness loses its value when everyone has it.
Old 2012-12-27, 04:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimatt View Post
Would it be better to keep the prices down and sell to more users?
This is how I've always seen it. It's obvious - lower prices = more sales. And given how we're talking about software here & not something physical with any unit manufacturing costs I can't see how that's not the way forward. Case in point, Buffre. Looks very interesting and fun to me but I think it's far to expensive. So I haven't bought it. If it were priced lower (quite a bit lower) I'd snap it up.

But anyway, it's all down to how much an individual thinks something is worth. Clearly I'm in a minority because I suspect Buffre has sold perfectly well at it's current price .... though almost certainly it sold most during the introductory price offer period & any subsequent sales. And there's know real reason why I chose Buffre as an example. It's just that I think it's by far one of the most interesting looking RE's but also one of the most overpriced.
Old 2012-12-27, 05:27

I think that people would be less put off by pricing if they had the option to sell REs that they no longer want.

IMO, that's the real problem with the system.

Essentially being told "too bad if you change your mind later" doesn't set too well with people.
Old 2012-12-27, 05:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoner498 View Post
I think that people would be less put off by pricing if they had the option to sell REs that they no longer want.

Essentially being told "too bad if you change your mind later" doesn't set too well with people.
I have never seen someone hit a nail dead center on it head like this before.
+1 billion !

You have to be absolutely sure or have disposable money to buy some thing that you can not even resale "EVER" "NEVER" EVER" !!! Not even in a garage sale :-)

I understand buying something from a physical store (like an EQ or compressor) and let's say for what ever reason you can not return it...but you still can sale it on the street, EBAY,garage sale or to a friend ! So spend $200 dollars on a RE reverb and not being able to resale "EVER" is freaking "INSANE" !

I'll stick with DEEP REVER for 40 bucks .

Last edited by pjeudy; 2012-12-27 at 05:53.
Old 2012-12-27, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoner498 View Post

Would definitely help matters if there were some sort of RE marketplace as part of the Prop shop. Not being able to transfer RE licenses would probably put some people off buying. You might buy something then down the track realise you don't really need it or want it. Or maybe something that does the same job but better comes along and you'd like to sell of old, now redundant RE's. I'm sure some must think, especially about the more expensive RE's, 'Looks good. But I'll wait a while to see what's around the corner before comitting'. If you knew you could sell RE's in a Propellerheads controlled marketplace you woldn't worry. So you get to offload old RE's you might no longer need and another user maybe gets a bargain. If this all took place inside the Propellerhead's shop maybe the Props could get a small cut of the sale price. Kind of like an e-bay FVF. Everyone's happy
Old 2012-12-27, 12:34

30 days should be long enough to decide