Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-27, 19:33

Hi Hat (quantize)

I make only Hip Hop Beats so hi-hats are extremely important; the ability to have 16th and even 32nd beats is a must when making hip hop beats. Well I notice that if I record a hi-hat track at a 16th beat or above, while in quantize mode, that it changes the entire recording. So now I have to draw every little note that I want to use for my hats.
If propellerhead could make their quantize capabilities better to where it could keep up that would be awesome and save sooo much time. Because i'm a drummer so I can lay down some awesome hi-hats, but the quantize always messes it up so I have to use the pencil and draw it in and it just kills the momentum.
Old 2012-12-28, 04:34

Have you tried setting the quantize function to a different value? Or not quantizing?
Old 2012-12-28, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by martianmentality View Post
I make only Hip Hop Beats so hi-hats are extremely important; the ability to have 16th and even 32nd beats is a must when making hip hop beats. Well I notice that if I record a hi-hat track at a 16th beat or above, while in quantize mode, that it changes the entire recording. So now I have to draw every little note that I want to use for my hats.
If propellerhead could make their quantize capabilities better to where it could keep up that would be awesome and save sooo much time. Because i'm a drummer so I can lay down some awesome hi-hats, but the quantize always messes it up so I have to use the pencil and draw it in and it just kills the momentum.
I don't think nothing is wrong with Props quantize system.

U could be having latency issues or an issue with the midi data flow.

What are your latency settings?

128 buffers or lower works good for passages with detailed timing.