Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-12-29, 10:23

Lightbulb here's a quick way to do it.....

so i was looking at some online combinator crossfade tutorial biz on youtube that was a hot mess. i got the drift but it was frustrating to see that dude make NO use of the right click routing menus in the midst of all that cable mayhem....so i went solo and made use of THIS info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsh View Post
Well, you can copy drums with different FX settings to other pads...
you CAN assign VOLUME for midi automation. so here's the scoop... push the space bar..because once the music goes off the vibe loses momentum.you know it's true.
(optional but personally very necessary)

THEN
1. right click on the drum patch and select "copy drum patch"
2. right click to paste it to a new drum pad (even in a new KONG if you're using all the pads)
3.throw on desired effect
4.right click on the volume knob for that pad and select "edit override control mapping
5.tick the box that says "learn from control surface input and twiddle your apparatus
6.do awesome stuff.

p.s. what helps me a whole bunch is to route the effected pad's "gate in" to an un-routed Redrum 'gate out'
so that i can sequence fills on the fly while getting a feel for the sounds i will be tweaking.
hope that helps...

Last edited by uhurushule83; 2012-12-29 at 10:30.