Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-12-29, 17:52

glassguitar,

You've just been critiqued by the best. Go to jiggery-pokery.com and see what he does for his day job. (AMAZING Refills, and who knows what else.) I wish I could tell you how to look up some of his music. He is a master at anything to which he puts his hand. Anyway, do some of the things which have been suggested in this discussion and your music--which is damned good to start with--will be a world beater.

Slight change of topic: As far as producing music with instruments you don't already play, and without calling in some session cats, go to www.pgmusic.com and check out Band-In-A-Box (BIAB). I have been using it for years to generate MIDI tracks which I then port into Reason and finish up. Now, with Real Tracks, which are actual digitally recorded clips, and BIAB's accompanying DAW, RealBand (not a substitute for Reason, but it has some unique features), you can have world class drums, bass, sax, organ, and many other real instrument parts added to your music, which you can then bring into Reason for polishing and mastering. I'll be curious to know your thoughts after you give it a look. (No, I don't work for these people and I don't get anything for Saying Nice Things about BIAB; I'm just a dedicated user.)
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA

Last edited by ryszard; 2012-12-29 at 18:03. Reason: Add info