Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-30, 02:10

Vocal effects processing?

Can anyone please explain to me how to use multiple effects on a vocal. i.e. de esser, compression, eq, etc..... Is it possible to use multiple presets? Everytime I try to add one to another it replaces the current setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One love.
Old 2012-12-30, 02:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbeats View Post
Everytime I try to add one to another it replaces the current setting
???

It sounds like you are creating a single effects device and then using the patch browser in that device to select another patch?

That will cause Reason to replace the first patch with the newly selected patch without creating a new device.

What you need to do is create the device you want first in the chain, then select it and create the second device (always using the create function in the menu). this will cause reason to create multiple devices patched together in sequence.

alternatively, you could create the devices separately as send effects and send the vocals to each.

It depends on if you want the effects to be done in sequence, or in parallel.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RĂ˜DE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-12-30, 02:26

Thx dude I will give it a quick try. One love.