Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-27, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgrimes View Post
Redrum, or Click Track would work great for this.

It would be best to give the drummer full control of Reason.

He would need to be able to change the tempo on the fly, preferably with tap tempo. Probably need to give him a foot controller, midi controller, or even keyboard so he can figure out the tempo from song to song.

The big problem is he will need to learn how to slow down the song sometimes as the song is playing.

I play in a band and many times we might start too fast or slow and gradually speed or slow back down to the proper tempo. The drummer would need to be able to tap tempo periodically to do this or use a PC keyboard to slow down the tempo a few bpm. (all of the things you have to keep track of while playing live).

Also alot of times it is our lead vocalists who tells us wheter to slow down or speed up, so they might need to be the one to control it as well.
You have a good point. I didn't think of that aspect. thank you
Old 2012-12-27, 22:52

Well the owner's manual might be a good place to start

If they are XLR connectors they are almost certainly balanced. If they are 1/4" they must be TRS (like stereo headphones) so when you insert a 1/4" plug it will click twice (however this is not a guarantee). If they are not balanced then about 20' is the limit that you can run them out to the Front Of House mixer. Beyond that they will lose too much high end and will become noisy. A good DI box will just cover you in any event.
Old 2012-12-27, 22:59

Have you 4 (virtual) cables plugged in?

In the Master section ... take the Master out and run the LR pair into a Spider splitter then take one pair of outputs into outputs 1&2 in the Audio I/O module and another pair into 3&4 of the Audio I/O module.

Alternately you could use the Control Room output pair into 3&4 (instead of the Spider splitter). This could be handy as it will give you two output level controls which might come in handy if the drive levels need to be different.
Old 2012-12-28, 15:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboomer View Post
Have you 4 (virtual) cables plugged in?

In the Master section ... take the Master out and run the LR pair into a Spider splitter then take one pair of outputs into outputs 1&2 in the Audio I/O module and another pair into 3&4 of the Audio I/O module.

Alternately you could use the Control Room output pair into 3&4 (instead of the Spider splitter). This could be handy as it will give you two output level controls which might come in handy if the drive levels need to be different.
I think I know what you're saying, but I don't understand how to do it. Also, why do I need to run a spider splitter instead of the control room output?
Old 2012-12-28, 20:43

Some screenshot of the front and back of your rack would really help.
At the moment I think you may have forgotten to enable the other outputs like shown on page 992 in the operation manual section "Active Input and Output Channels".
Old 2012-12-30, 04:05

I just did a show with reason...I am also the drummer.....what I did was make a audio file cowbell trrack and sent it out to my headphone amp and the master out to the board...I might have used the control room so in case the pa was mono I could hit the mono button.....but it was very cool.....I was triggering sounds and loops from drrex and samples....the best part was we only had like 1 rreh...so I could play with the tempos and everything was in sync....it brought me back to the days of live drum triggering and playing parts on pads and while laying down the groove...reason was great for live....I even used a send in pre mode for my headphone mix