Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-30, 06:05

Fender Asio 4 all.

Hey guys.. so i plugged my fender mustang ((guitar amp) into the comp.. and connected via usb.... but when i select "fender asio4all" and go to prefrences to choose my amp, reason crashes.. everytime.. I can go to the regular asio4all and go to preferences.. and switch to my mustang.. but then i get no sound.. although i can record with it.. i have to change the preferences to "realtekaudio" to hear it.... any sugesstions?
Old 2012-12-30, 07:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcvee777 View Post
Hey guys.. so i plugged my fender mustang ((guitar amp) into the comp.. and connected via usb.... but when i select "fender asio4all" and go to prefrences to choose my amp, reason crashes.. everytime.. I can go to the regular asio4all and go to preferences.. and switch to my mustang.. but then i get no sound.. although i can record with it.. i have to change the preferences to "realtekaudio" to hear it.... any sugesstions?
Ugh... sounds like you might need to use your actual soundcard for i/o. What are you using for sound?
Old 2012-12-30, 08:02

im jus using the factory soundcard that came with the comp.. realtek
Old 2012-12-30, 08:24

Quote:
im jus using the factory soundcard that came with the comp.. realtek
As all professional DAW's on a PC do, Reason requires ASIO drivers for the soundcard to work properly. Your stock Realtek integrated audio likely does not support ASIO. I see you said that you are selecting "fender asio4all" as your soundcard driver in Reason? I'm assuming you installed the open source ASIO4ALL driver to replace your stock Windows Realtek driver. Unfortunately, ASIO4ALL is hit or miss. You should consider getting a proper soundcard for music production when you are able.

I wish I could offer more help, but ASIO4ALL isn't exactly "supported", seeing as how it's offered for free by some blokes who just slapped it together. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in here...

That said, have you tried the ASIO4ALL forum?
Old 2012-12-30, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
As all professional DAW's on a PC do, Reason requires ASIO drivers for the soundcard to work properly. Your stock Realtek integrated audio likely does not support ASIO. I see you said that you are selecting "fender asio4all" as your soundcard driver in Reason? I'm assuming you installed the open source ASIO4ALL driver to replace your stock Windows Realtek driver. Unfortunately, ASIO4ALL is hit or miss. You should consider getting a proper soundcard for music production when you are able.

I wish I could offer more help, but ASIO4ALL isn't exactly "supported", seeing as how it's offered for free by some blokes who just slapped it together. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in here...

That said, have you tried the ASIO4ALL forum?
ASIO4ALL works fine with Realtek drivers.
Old 2012-12-30, 10:37

Thanks guys.. asio4all does work fine... but jus not with my fender amp.... would an external soundcard help?
Old 2012-12-30, 16:56

Quote:
Thanks guys.. asio4all does work fine... but jus not with my fender amp.... would an external soundcard help?
Are you running your Fender amp's line-out into the line-in of your Realtek soundcard? It should work fine if you can just select asio4all as your drivers. Why does it say fenderasio4all?

Last edited by EnochLight; 2012-12-30 at 21:37. Reason: ...
Old 2012-12-30, 21:27

well when i select asioo4all and click mmustang amp.. i cant hear the playback. although it is recodring.. no sound is heard
Old 2012-12-30, 21:37

Quote:
well when i select asioo4all and click mmustang amp.. i cant hear the playback. although it is recodring.. no sound is heard
Do you have "monitor" selected in your audio track in Reason?
Old 2012-12-30, 22:08

I'm not sure if such hardware exists, but could it be that your amp has an integrated audio interface which is connected to your pc via usb? If so the manufacturer or the manual of the amp would be the first place to look how to correctly setup this. Then of course the exact model of the amp and/or photos of your wireing would be of help for anyone trying to help you here.

edit: Does this help? http://www.fender.com/de-DE/support/...-and-playback/

Last edited by djjams; 2012-12-30 at 22:10. Reason: link to possible solution