Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-12-30, 12:36

Saturation and Channel Cross Talk Emulation on the Main Mixer

Nothing wrong with new mixing tools and options. I'd like the ability to use the input level control like a gain knob on an analogue mixer to drive the SSL into saturation/distortion. And channel cross talk to the summing. Ideally with the saturation and cross talk both modelled on a real SSL. With the option to switch these features off if you want a cleaner sounding mix.

After experimenting with console emulations like Satson, Mixbus and VCC. I think these features make it easier to glue your mix and add some depth in a way similar to many classic records mixed on old consoles.
Old 2012-12-30, 13:35

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-11 at 16:24.
Old 2013-01-02, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by omshanti20 View Post
Yes - these would be useful developments. I was impressed with the Slate Mixbus and I'm considering the Harrison Mixbus for summing tracks created in Reason. I'd prefer to stay in Reason but they are lagging a bit here and in some utility functions.
It would be great to see a range of mixers available...maybe even custom mixers with sections from different console emulations.
Yep that would cover all bases for mixing purposes. The current mixer is too sterile and clean