Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-31, 05:04

The Mustang driver is INPUT only. Reason struggles because it doesn't allow different drive sets for input and output. Fender only provided the Mustang as an Input (not sure why). So, you'd have to run the output of the Mustang into a separate interface or use virtual cabling like Soundflower or JACK to route your Mustang's input into Reason.
Old 2012-12-31, 05:46

Hi,

In the Fender Universal ASIO driver menu make sure that the Mustang amp and your internal sound card are enabled, i.e. turned on. The Mustang amp is an output only (not bi-directional), meaning it will be the input into Reason. The Realtek output will be what's connected to your monitors, hence it's important that both are enabled in the menu and why if you select one you won't be able to hear the other.

If you still have issues email tsl@fender.com, ask for Alan or Peter and they will walk you through and get you up and running.

Great amp!

Ken
Old 2012-12-31, 06:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenporter View Post
Hi,

In the Fender Universal ASIO driver menu make sure that the Mustang amp and your internal sound card are enabled, i.e. turned on. The Mustang amp is an output only (not bi-directional), meaning it will be the input into Reason. The Realtek output will be what's connected to your monitors, hence it's important that both are enabled in the menu and why if you select one you won't be able to hear the other.

If you still have issues email tsl@fender.com, ask for Alan or Peter and they will walk you through and get you up and running.

Great amp!

Ken
Thanks! but the only problem is.. when i go to preferences in reason 6... for the fenderasio... reason jus crashes...in an instant.
Old 2012-12-31, 07:18

Sorry, I read your post off my phone and misunderstood the issue.

I think it would be best to email tsl@fender.com. I haven't used a PC in ages, but I think I remember there was a setting in the ASIO4ALL menu like "force 16 bit" or some other settings that I had to select/de-select for my DAW back in the day to not crash.

Ken