Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-12-29, 21:36

I think he's basically saying he wants customizable shortcuts and permanent remote overides/ midi learn; not necessarily what I would consider "scripting" but potentially useful for those who don't like the way reason's shortcuts are currently mapped out and useful for mapping controllers a certain way without having to remap it for every new song/project (and without editing excel sheets).

Edit: actually his response goes a little further than I thought

Last edited by QVprod; 2012-12-29 at 21:38.
Old 2012-12-29, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
Ah got you
Well personally I'd like to be able to assign F5,F6 & F7 to the three buttons above the screen on my maschine mikro but because it's not in the remote override edit mode, I can't. Atleast if I was able to record these as macros in the remote override section I could and then be able to assign them to the mikro.
I could also assign the 'scene' button to a macro that would switch to blocks view and bring up the drop down menu in one go and then I can just scroll through and hit enter.
Or say you've got an old spare controller not doing much, record macros for all your favourite reason devices so all you have to do to load up PX7 is tap a pad.

The suggestions might seem lazy but I'm always that bit closer to my controllers and don't really use keyboard shortcuts. I think I'd assign all my Akai LPD8 pads to my 8 favourite reason devices

I'd love some way of being able to customise my workflow more to my needs, doesn't have to be macros but was just a thought.
OK, that stuff sounds interesting to me. And why anyone would consider using fewer keystrokes to be lazy is beyond me. We are not typists, we are musicians! ;-)
USA
Old 2012-12-29, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVprod View Post
I think he's basically saying he wants customizable shortcuts and permanent remote overides/ midi learn; not necessarily what I would consider "scripting" but potentially useful for those who don't like the way reason's shortcuts are currently mapped out and useful for mapping controllers a certain way without having to remap it for every new song/project (and without editing excel sheets).
I always save my templates so that I don't have to remap anything but basically yes. When I mapped it all out in control editor for mikro and that didn't work I had to do it in reason but certain things I could not map with remote override which lead me to wanting to be able to do my own custom overrides so that I can fully integrate my controller specific to me. I don't really have the time to learn and remap the actual remote file in excel, so it would be useful to have a more user friendly way that is quicker and easier for everyone
Old 2012-12-29, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
OK, that stuff sounds interesting to me. And why anyone would consider using fewer keystrokes to be lazy is beyond me. We are not typists, we are musicians! ;-)
You put that perfectly
Old 2012-12-31, 17:28

Yesterday, I nearly posted, but deleted it because I was lacking a "cool thing to do with a scripting language", but today I thought of one.

I know we don't have a super-combinator (yet), so we can't play 2 combinators simultaneously. But with manual effort, we could copy all the components out of one combinator, and paste them into another one, with an added mixer to mix them together.

So, now, imagine if we already had the ability to write a script that would do all of that for us. Then more scripts to remove the thing we added, or to swap combinators #1+#2 into #1+#3.