Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-31, 20:49

Smile One More Night (Maroon 5) dub step remix/cover

So, I finally got some time again to create music. I started with this remix/cover project, because my daughter begged me to make a dub step version of One More Night, and she would do the vocals.

It is not really dub step, as that doesn't go along with a lot of vocals, so it's a electronic dub step pop remix/cover. Or, whatever you want it to be

Loading SoundCloud…

Hope you like it!
Old 2013-01-01, 15:26

Like it, I love it!
Really good cover and the vocals are awesome she's got a cracking voice, kind of ellie goulding in sound.
I'd love to do a VIP of this but great work, favourited by me
Get her vocals on more dub step stuff it really suits
Old 2013-01-01, 15:44

Thanks! I will pass the compliments to my daughter...

I'll be doing some more stuff the coming months (with her vocals), though it won't be all dubstep. I think some EDM and some sing/song writer stuff. See what fits her best.
Old 2013-01-01, 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
Thanks! I will pass the compliments to my daughter...

I'll be doing some more stuff the coming months (with her vocals), though it won't be all dubstep. I think some EDM and some sing/song writer stuff. See what fits her best.
Ye, always a good idea to keep a broad range and most importantly as long as you're both enjoying it then it's all good.
Acoustic is always nice to listen to.
Keep up the good work anyway, both of you.
Old 2013-01-01, 19:25

Really good job. I especially like the vocal tracks. When I listen to it though I think there needs to be some huge pads behind it. It just feels so right for it.
Old 2013-01-01, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwakenTheDreamers View Post
When I listen to it though I think there needs to be some huge pads behind it. It just feels so right for it.
I've tried this, but it felt choked. Just couldn't get it right (but there are some subtle pads moving in the background). I'm really new at these monster basslines filling up all the space... I already found it very difficult to create enough space for the vocals.

Thanks for listening and for your remarks. I might try it again.
Old 2013-01-01, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
I've tried this, but it felt choked. Just couldn't get it right (but there are some subtle pads moving in the background). I'm really new at these monster basslines filling up all the space... I already found it very difficult to create enough space for the vocals.

Thanks for listening and for your remarks. I might try it again.
Just an idea, what about side chaining the vocals to a set of pads so you can duck to give space for the vocals when she sings?
Old 2013-01-01, 21:30

Hi there Crane,

I like the track although its not my music persee, i like the wobbling bass thing. Very sweet stuff always works wel.

Im not to savvy about how the vocals have been processed. I wonder were the vocals recorded after making the track basis or before?
Old 2013-01-01, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwakenTheDreamers View Post
Just an idea, what about side chaining the vocals to a set of pads so you can duck to give space for the vocals when she sings?
Yeah, thanks, will give that a try. I already use side chaining on the basses and the subbass for the bassdrum. That worked very well.
Old 2013-01-01, 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
Im not to savvy about how the vocals have been processed. I wonder were the vocals recorded after making the track basis or before?
The vocals were recorded two times: first a fast recording session to sketch the track. When about 75% of the track was set, I recorded the final vocals.

I've used the Saturation Knob on all the vocals to give it an distorted edge. Kind of fits the genre.