Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-12-28, 11:06

Kontakt on Reason

Reason should have a new sampler that could adopt ALL the existing patches for kontakt and also let developers (like the big orchestral ones) develop sound libraries for it without the need of writing new software.
I think this is one of reason's main downfalls. No up to date sampler that can support sounds and sampling up to par with professional ones, like acoustic guitars and multi sampled pianos and strings.
I believe this would remove the need for a lot people to rewire reason to other host because of limited and inferior sounds.
Old 2012-12-28, 16:56

That would be nice, but are there some proprietary aspects to the formats that might cause legal problems?
Old 2012-12-28, 22:37

Whatever ...

it is shure not easy to make something sound good when you start from scratch but reason got good samplers no matter what you think !
contact is more a sample player but when you use your own it gets below what you can do in reason !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2012-12-29, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGmaestro View Post
Reason should have a new sampler that could adopt ALL the existing patches for kontakt and also let developers (like the big orchestral ones) develop sound libraries for it without the need of writing new software.
I think this is one of reason's main downfalls. No up to date sampler that can support sounds and sampling up to par with professional ones, like acoustic guitars and multi sampled pianos and strings.
I believe this would remove the need for a lot people to rewire reason to other host because of limited and inferior sounds.
I actually think individual Kontakt player library REs would be cool for Reason (probably tricky as hell to program though).
Old 2012-12-29, 04:02

Quote:
This is a excellent idea, probably wont happen but still cool as f^*k.
Old 2012-12-29, 07:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
Whatever ...

it is shure not easy to make something sound good when you start from scratch but reason got good samplers no matter what you think !
contact is more a sample player but when you use your own it gets below what you can do in reason !
lol

Im not talking about making something sound good. I can make music sound as good or better on reason (6 and forward) as anyone else can on any other software available.
I'm talking about available "bread and butter sounds" and more specialized sounds like good acoustic guitars, good orchestral sounds for movies and videogames etc.

And the reason sampler ( im talking about nn-xt) is good for practical simple use. Nothing more. It lacks LOTS of features that modern samplers have been having for years, reason why there's just no good modern rompler soundbank for it.
Old 2013-01-01, 03:33

Quote:
lol

Im not talking about making something sound good. I can make music sound as good or better on reason (6 and forward) as anyone else can on any other software available.
I'm talking about available "bread and butter sounds" and more specialized sounds like good acoustic guitars, good orchestral sounds for movies and videogames etc.

And the reason sampler ( im talking about nn-xt) is good for practical simple use. Nothing more. It lacks LOTS of features that modern samplers have been having for years, reason why there's just no good modern rompler soundbank for it.
I don't think that the NNXT is severely lacking in features (concerning playing realistic libraries). I think the biggest gripes are lack of disk streaming and lack of large libraries.

With the power of the combinator and reason effects, you can do some cool stuff with the NNXT. Disk streaming is probably the biggest problem (as well as copy protection).
Old 2013-04-23, 23:04

Quote:
With the new EMI, you can play and record any Kontakt player instrument straight into your track.