Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-03, 00:10

Intro to Concerto for Piano, Violin and Glitch-hop

First two sections of a concerto I'm working on:

Loading SoundCloud…
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2013-01-03, 01:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrichards View Post
First two sections of a concerto I'm working on:

Loading SoundCloud…
It makes absolutely no sense to me, I hear chaos. Sorry.
Old 2013-01-03, 07:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
It makes absolutely no sense to me, I hear chaos. Sorry.
Don't be sorry, I appreciate the feedback. The first section is relatively chaotic, sometimes the piano and violin go through three key changes in a bar, barely alighting on the key before the next one hits. Sometimes they play the same melody, sometimes fairly odd counterpoint. This style is related to the Chick Corea/Keith Jarrett work in the electric Miles Davis period. You think mine is chaotic? A lot of people run screaming from the Live-Evil album. And let's not even mention Sun Ra. Before your comment, I was thinking to flesh out the chords and melodies in the first section to make it more identifiable. The chords and melodies are there, but it's like driving by a forest at 80 miles an hour, you don't exactly get time to appreciate the leaf formations. I have the same reaction to Eric Dolphy.
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2013-01-03, 08:27

I appreciate it much. The music reminds me of a park scene, with the wind blowing through the leaves of the trees.

Old 2013-01-03, 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymcbride View Post
I appreciate it much. The music reminds me of a park scene, with the wind blowing through the leaves of the trees.
Thanks Bill, there is such an interesting dance going on when the wind blows through the trees.