Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-03, 21:45

I'm no experienced mastering engineer, but from the little bit I learned while in school, the main compression you apply will be a multiband on the master insert, The idea is to get all the songs for a project to flow together well as they would on a cd and sound like they were done in the same place, on the individual songs in the mastering project the main thing being applied is EQ and or mulitiband compression (used sparingly of course since there's one on the master fader/insert) on each song so yes a compressor for each song. what ever the settings are going to be on the master I would leave set. I would suggest against automation of the master section imo since you're pursuing some slight sonic uniformity of the songs. The settings for the chains on each track may vary based on the track, as some tracks may require more or less bass...etc... to match up with the other songs.