Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-01-04, 15:15

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=173046
Old 2013-01-06, 07:37

Reason - it is the best sound DAW.
I have all other DAW.
Reason - the best!
Personally, I need SURROUND.
As well as model type NEVE mixing console.
I did not know the device DAW, but I often dream of improving the computational resolution Reason (Xeon Phi for example).
Also want to get a faster input-output (like AVID HD Native)

Last edited by egowaves; 2013-01-06 at 07:39.
Old 2013-01-06, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by egowaves View Post
Reason - it is the best sound DAW.
I have all other DAW.
Reason - the best!
Personally, I need SURROUND.
As well as model type NEVE mixing console.
I did not know the device DAW, but I often dream of improving the computational resolution Reason (Xeon Phi for example).
Also want to get a faster input-output (like AVID HD Native)
Wow, have you bought all DAW's? Why?
Old 2013-01-06, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by kire View Post
Wow, have you bought all DAW's? Why?
Its pretty easy when you are in the business due to presents, sales and crossgrades. I also own DP, ProTools, Cubase, Logic, Live and Reason (I guess I forgot some too )
Old 2013-01-06, 16:42

Like we're really gonna get what we ask for. You have better luck asking Santa Claus for something and getting it. (From "Santa Claus"). I will try anyway. I would like to see Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC). Even tho I don't think we should have to wait for Reason 7 to get that, we can get that now with an update to Reason 6.5.5. Its really annoying buying almost every Rack Extension spending over $1,000 only to realize there is no ADC. So you can only use one RE at a time, any more than one and the delay becomes too much and makes your mix sound like crap. So the workflow now is, use one RE bounce the track back in, use another one, bounce the track back in, over and over on every track, and some REs (by themselves) delay your track by a lot so guess what, even if you just use that one RE, you have to bounce it back into Reason and try nudging it back to where you had it. Sometimes thats just too much to go through especially when in that creative zone. I don't want to have to do all of that so I just end up not using that particular RE which is a BIG WASTE OF MONEY.

Anyway... like I said, I think ADC should be at the top of the list since the introduction of Rack Extensions. But lets see what happens....
Old 2013-01-06, 16:46

I'd go crazy with ADC.. How would you know where the delay happens? You'd have to trace back your entire signal flow all the time.. Or will we get a delay indicator on each and every device? Idk, handling it like in an analog studio makes more sense in reason as it simulates an analog studio. In other DAWs its simple, its always the track..
Old 2013-01-06, 17:56

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
I'd go crazy with ADC.. How would you know where the delay happens? You'd have to trace back your entire signal flow all the time.. Or will we get a delay indicator on each and every device? Idk, handling it like in an analog studio makes more sense in reason as it simulates an analog studio. In other DAWs its simple, its always the track..
Automatic Delay Compensation means that it will compensate for the delay Automatically. Where ever it happens the program compensates for it Automatically.... Track back signal flow for what????? What are you even talking about? Do you even know what Automatic Delay Compensation is? Everything happens behind the scene, you just add your devices and keep it moving Mr. "Professional Audio Engineer at Theater Bremen, Germany • Part Time Programmer". LMAO!!!

Last edited by onemidi; 2013-01-06 at 18:16.
Old 2013-01-06, 18:14

Here's a way to add ANALYZERS in Reason 7

Circled in red...

1. they could add a "Show Analyzer" button on every combinator.

2. Also they could add show Analyzer for current combinator or for any combination of instruments.
To allow the user to see 1 - 2 - 3 etc.. or any number of instruments.

3. you wont need to solo a track in order to see it's spectrum.

4. For example, you can have your whole mix playing.... open any combinator.. let's say your kick drum combi and withing that kick combi choose which other instrument you want to Analyze against it with out having to solo any track in your mix !!

Of course they would need to implement a drop down list for you to choose an instrument you want to compare its spectrum with .

In my opinion having an Analyzer button on every combinator might make it unnecessary to have one floating around in it's own window. And also you'll be able to see it anywhere if you need to scroll down your rack !! unlike the current big meter in Reason

Last edited by pjeudy; 2013-01-06 at 18:20.
Old 2013-01-06, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemidi View Post
Automatic Delay Compensation means that it will compensate for the delay Automatically. Where ever it happens the program compensates for it Automatically.... Track back signal flow for what????? What are you even talking about? Do you even know what Automatic Delay Compensation is? Everything happens behind the scene, you just add your devices and keep it moving Mr. "Professional Audio Engineer at Theater Bremen, Germany • Part Time Programmer". LMAO!!!
Yeah, ROFL right back at ya You are seemingly not aware that the delay is still there, the other channels are just advanced in comparison. So in Reason where you can pull a wire from that channel you get a backwards-delayed signal into your, say, CV input of the other synth. That can't happen in the simple signal low of other DAWs where you only have sidechains max. Try what happens when you use a sidechain in your other DAW plus delay ridden plugins You can't beat Einstein I'm afraid.
Old 2013-01-07, 04:55

Would love to see a frequency analyzer. And not the one in the Vocoder. One with actual frequency increments. Definitely a form of slicing samples like recycle. Updated patches!