Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-04, 17:23

Firstly, thank you for the thorough reply. Secondly, Yeah... everything you said I had technically read and knew.. I was hoping I had come up with a potential loophole in that you could possibly truncate the audio (i think this is the term i mean) in such a way as to essentially "quantize" the wave, since I am not a professional pianist and will not be creating riffs perfectly in sync with 130bpm+ compositions (a true feat!).

But basically what you are alluding to is that: theres no gain for me buying Balance vs. a third party product with more precedented usage, correct?

In that case, what about suggestions for audio interfaces? Any pref over standalone unit vs. PCI slot type ordeal?

Also, in the interest of using a riff created using a hardware synth, would you want to have one interface that is a dedicated hardware interface for the input into reaper, THEN transfer that wave thru Balance directly into the reason mix, or would the sound be exactly the same in terms of room size etc. being simply recorded raw in reaper then imported as an audio into reasons sequencer? does that even make sense?
VRM Box w/ Senn 280 Pro Headphones
Full Aurelex/NextAcoustics Studio Treatment

Reracks: Too many to list now.. Feel free to ask for reviews.

Highly Rec: Stereo Splitter, Saturation, Faturator, C1-L1 Compressor, Selig Leveler, Unifylter, RE131, G8 Dynamic Gate (DSP hog), Audiomatic, KHs ONE, Viking, Predator, etc.