Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-04, 21:18

So I've never used anything other than reason, but I think Reason is fine. Listen to artists such as Lucky Date (who exclusively use Reason) and you'll hear them make proffesional sounds. That said no matter how long I try and work on a patch, or indeed use somebody elses patch I still can't get sounds that are as "big" or clean as what producers get with Sylenth1 or the like.

I think the issue is a far bigger problem in genres such as Electronic Dance Music than say Rock or Indie. I think the sound design isn't quite as good as some other softwares, but then synths such as Sylenth 1 are £120, a third of the price of the whole reason package. For what Reason is, its doing a very good job and I can't see the sound quality being addressed any time soon

Check out my debut E.P sustainable destruction on bandcamp.

http://omicron.bandcamp.com/