Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-12-10, 18:56

amd e1-1200 or dual core intel? multiple keyboard output from one reason essen 1 lapt

I just purchased an hp laptop amd e1-1200. I bought it cause it was cheap, and I want to use as live show running reason essentials with stems. Which is bette. I just saw an dual core intel for about the same price, which should I choose, cause just using the hp amd e1-1200, one of my processors is maxed out from time to time just using basic internet with maybe a couple of windows open? I'm still with in my 15 day return/exchange policy? also on an unrelated note, will 1 laptop with reason essentials, can I output different synths and samples to multiple keyboards?
Old 2012-12-10, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyevolver View Post
I just purchased an hp laptop amd e1-1200. I bought it cause it was cheap, and I want to use as live show running reason essentials with stems. Which is bette. I just saw an dual core intel for about the same price, which should I choose, cause just using the hp amd e1-1200, one of my processors is maxed out from time to time just using basic internet with maybe a couple of windows open? I'm still with in my 15 day return/exchange policy? also on an unrelated note, will 1 laptop with reason essentials, can I output different synths and samples to multiple keyboards?
I don't know about the viability of your laptop but you won't be sending any output signals (midi) to "multiple keyboards" as Reason does not do that.

Grum.

Soundcloud Soundclick Bandcamp DeadSpace
Reason 7.1.1, Sonar X3e Producer, Balance, Chillblast built desktop PC with an i7 3770K (@4.2 Ghz), 8 Gig RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.
Old 2013-01-05, 05:09

Thank you!
Old 2013-01-05, 05:34

Ouch, just checked out that laptop. Am I reading this correctly that it's CPU is only 1.4GHz? I think I might be more likely to take a chance on a refurbished core i5 or i3. If you can find something that's at least dual core and 2.3 or so GHz I'd do it.
I'm running on a 6 year old core2duo 1.83GHz with 2 gbs of ram at the moment and it struggles with higher track count song files, but never has a problem with internet browsing or anything like that. That should absolutely not be a problem unless you're running into web pages with gobs of heavy duty flash animations, etc.