Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-03, 06:28

Unhappy reason essentials 1.5.2 update not authorized?

I got a new laptop that has windows 8. propellerhead suggested that I install reason 1.5.2 for win8 to run reason essentials... but when I try to sign in or use my usb key it says I am not registered to run 1.5.2

how do I register for 1.5.2???
Old 2013-01-03, 06:56

Goto the "Your account" link at the top of this page.

Click the link to get the R1.5 upgrade - this will add the 1.5 license to your account.

Plug in ignition key and click on Manage License next to the R1.5 license and follow the instructions to write the license to your key.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RĂ˜DE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-01-04, 03:19

thanks for the help

it turns out that some of the links on that page do not register an account as updated

the links under the header "more reason downloads" don't initiate the registry

clicking the top banner does, though. I didn't realize that I needed to click that.

thanks again!
Old 2013-01-05, 15:31

Smile

I have got a similar problem. After 1.5.2-update the athoritization fails. Both internet verification and ignition key... Trying now to re-install the update.

How about that! Clicking the right link updated my account to 1.5.2.!

Last edited by Besse; 2013-01-05 at 15:34. Reason: clicking the right link updated my account
Old 2013-01-06, 04:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJaguar View Post
thanks for the help

it turns out that some of the links on that page do not register an account as updated

the links under the header "more reason downloads" don't initiate the registry

clicking the top banner does, though. I didn't realize that I needed to click that.

thanks again!
Yep, the MASSIVE 'Get your free update here!' banner at the top of the page when you download the updates from gives you your free update. It's annoying when companies make you read^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hit awkward ;-)