Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 2013-01-07, 11:15
vivadangermouse's Avatar
vivadangermouse vivadangermouse is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Yeah, ROFL right back at ya You are seemingly not aware that the delay is still there, the other channels are just advanced in comparison. So in Reason where you can pull a wire from that channel you get a backwards-delayed signal into your, say, CV input of the other synth. That can't happen in the simple signal low of other DAWs where you only have sidechains max. Try what happens when you use a sidechain in your other DAW plus delay ridden plugins You can't beat Einstein I'm afraid.
In which case, the delay compensation would need to be done at the mixing stage.
  #32  
Old 2013-01-07, 15:35
onemidi's Avatar
onemidi onemidi is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivadangermouse View Post
In which case, the delay compensation would need to be done at the mixing stage.
I don't know how he doesn't know these things claiming to be a Professional Engineer. I wasn't even going to answer him, but thanks for clearing that up. Don't be surprise if he respond to your post saying that you're wrong and he's right because he went to acoustic school and has a song on iTunes. LOL
__________________
Dreams are only the beginning.
  #33  
Old 2013-01-07, 19:15
CeriJC CeriJC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by royburr View Post
More colours - like Logic (although that's about the only thing better with Logic)
An option to "auto-colour" would be great. By this, I mean an option to change the colour any time a bar/block/loop is changed. Different colours make spotting variations in a zoomed out sequencer view much easier. At the moment, I need to manually change colours on each one as I make them. It's a real block in my workflow given as there are no 'increment/decrement colour' keyboard shortcuts.

NB: I don't care what colour they're allocated; I just want them to be distinct from one another. I would advise making it an option to turn this feature off, so the synthesthetes don't get upset.
  #34  
Old 2013-01-07, 21:35
normen's Avatar
normen normen is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivadangermouse View Post
In which case, the delay compensation would need to be done at the mixing stage.
Yeah, exactly, which only works in other sequencers as everything is mixed at one point (after the channels and all their plugins). Again, what other DAWs do is either play the one channel a bit too early or delay all other channels, but its important that this happens at the same stage so everything else is in sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemidi View Post
I don't know how he doesn't know these things claiming to be a Professional Engineer. I wasn't even going to answer him, but thanks for clearing that up. Don't be surprise if he respond to your post saying that you're wrong and he's right because he went to acoustic school and has a song on iTunes. LOL
Being dismissive and not even daring to answer me but talking about me in third person is definitely a good way to display your superiority, yes

Okay, imagine this: A synth makes a sound, a compressor with inherent delay is used to compress it, after that compressor theres a gate plugin that has a CV output that you want to use to control the synthesizer again. What does plugin delay compensation do there? It can't do shit cause of time and logic. But that can't happen in other DAWs cause you have channel->plugin->plugin->plugin->mixbus but in Reason it can, thats why you would need displays to show where the delay happens.

Also you can go to the website of the theater in case you don't believe my signature ^^ What did I ever do to you? You were the one *trying* to ridicule me.
__________________
Plugin latency issues? Phasing on parallel channels? Want to know the real latency of your audio interface? Try the VMG-01!
Professional Audio Engineer at Theater Bremen, Germany • Part Time Programmer
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Popular Plugins as Combinator Patches NoelGMusic Phead User Forum (read only) 216 2013-09-25 02:12
Why did i buy record?????!!!!!*$ Mathmatech General Forum (read only) 131 2013-01-14 17:02
People just face it; Reason rules again! :) [n/t] eric General Forum (read only) 26 2011-08-02 01:49
How do I solve that factory sound bank thingie? vectro Phead User Forum (read only) 6 2009-05-19 20:11
Musikmesse - any news from the propellerhead booth? -nt electrofux General Forum (read only) 22 2007-03-31 18:25


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:47.