Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-08, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcbass View Post
Hi,

This seems a really basic thing to do but I can't seem to work out how!

I record some audio for the entire song so I have a long clip. How do I select a portion of that track to copy somewhere else or quieten down? Everything I do seems to affect the entire track.

Thanks in advance

Matt
In the mixer, right-click on the fader for that audio track and select 'edit automation'. This will create an automation lane in the sequencer where you can automate the volume setting for the track. you can use the pencil to draw in the value for the fader (decrease it where you want to make it quieter) - or you can select record and manually move the fader to the desired volume at the various points in the track.

If you want to move or re-arrange the sound in the long clip, you can use the razor tool to slice the clip into pieces.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano