Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-01-08, 16:16

Reason 7 Major Upgrade Top Ten List

Here a list of much needed upgrade for reason 7

1) ability to group mixer tracks and more colors for tracks
2) Upgrade to re-drum ability to see at least 5 patterns at once
3) Keys should light up when pressed or played to see melody pattern
4) a new effect module that triggers tape stop, stutter effect, rewind, speed up and slow down.
5) new outputs on kong for easier ability to separate drum tracks
6) a new module for great piano and orchestral sounds similar to hollywood expansion in refx nexus
7) faster loading of drum samples and patches some patches take like 1 min to load up
8) Recycle integration automatically into reason so we can chop samples all in the same program not chop in recycle and import in reason.
9) dedicated Soundfont module with ability add re-verb and effects in the player itself.
10)a Feature that can automatically route drums on separate tracks instead of have to toggle front and rear and manually doing it.

Last edited by huntspoint; 2013-01-08 at 18:59.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonalaxis View Post
Top 10? I see only se7en.
And they're far from top!
Old 2013-01-08, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonalaxis View Post
Top 10? I see only se7en.
#'s 8-10 are MIDI out.

3. What keys/what instrument? you can use the combinator programmer....it has keys even if the instrument does not.

4. Glitch RE

5. Not sure what you meant..there are 16 outputs on Kong and a sendfx section with routing options. How much easier can it get? did you mean "auto-routing" for it or something?
Old 2013-01-08, 19:00

there is 10 now sorry i forgot to mention the other 3
Old 2013-01-08, 19:04

@Dub8 what i mean by keys lighted up is when i melody is played keys should be lighting up on the piano roll in the sequencer.
2) for tapestop and stutter effect i havent tried glitch RE but it looks kind of crappy i will try it though.
5) kong routing of separate drum tracks is not as easy and smooth as it is on redrum and in order to separate each pad on different drum tracks you have to pan levels and you dont get that full sound of your instrument unless there is another way to do this which i havent heard of yet.
Old 2013-01-08, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntspoint View Post
@Dub8 what i mean by keys lighted up is when i melody is played keys should be lighting up on the piano roll in the sequencer.
2) for tapestop and stutter effect i havent tried glitch RE but it looks kind of crappy i will try it though.
5) kong routing of separate drum tracks is not as easy and smooth as it is on redrum and in order to separate each pad on different drum tracks you have to pan levels and you dont get that full sound of your instrument unless there is another way to do this which i havent heard of yet.
Ahh you meant on the seq. gotcha.

Def. recommend glitch for you! The 4 extra fx slots are awesome too
I think you will be able use Glitch RE to get at least 88.8 % of what you are going for.

For the kong thing...I know there must seem no easy way but, i just do it one time, save a blank template and, continue using it from the "favorites" option in my browser.
I only mention it because it is often overlooked! All of your complicated and most used routings and setups all available right from your fav's
Best we can do while we await new features
Old 2013-01-09, 05:27

GROUPING FADERS/Tracks/instruments is a must. They should also be grouped on the timeline/sequencer so everything is synced. Right now you solo on the mixer it doesn't solo in the sequencer window? Fix this or perhaps this is useful for something? Grouping should also give you options for soloing/editing groups ect...editing and mixing drums or guitars is a time consuming process right now.
MARKERS, MARKERS MARKERS and tab to marker option. Great for session work and also invaluable for live performance.
The built in recycle is another request that's mentioned on the regular as well, would be cool.
Also when you move a track/channel it would be nice if there was an option to link the rack and sequencer track as well, or am I missing that somewhere?
As for drum sample load times, that's pretty much the computer and quality of the samples. Good quality samples take a sec to load.

Last edited by modsoundmind; 2013-01-09 at 05:32.
Old 2013-01-09, 20:26

11 Automation efect layer for ALL RE-fx/instrument!!

It is like no one care about the "AUTOMATIONS" but i do so pretty please with sugar on top FIX that forgotten thing!

12 more "group" note lyers/automation layer etc etc etc
Old 2013-01-12, 07:16

In no particular order,

Mute midi notes
Editing beginning of midi notes
Slice midi notes
Option to pick which tool is your command tool
Multi purpure tool (marquee tool)
Allow us to edit at least 2 midi clips at once
Markers
Punch in and Punch out
Quantize Audio
Chord analyzer
Grouping
Display midi notes on midi.
Easier and faster way to chop audio and midi clip.

Last edited by SNB1; 2013-01-12 at 07:55.