Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-11, 08:52

demystifying colour coding

To be able to colour code (as a way of tagging) within reasons search browser would be AMAZING from a workflow point of view.

consider this; When I'm in the flow composing a track and need to call on a new sample, I'm faced with a wall opportunity (my entire sample library). However there lies the problem, the sheer volume becomes overwhelmingly tiresome so I end up either auditioning millions of samples thus disrupting the flow, or alternatively end up using samples I'm already used to........sound familiar?

Instead of searching through endless samples & patches it would be far easier to see at a glance what is what. Colour could be used to identify anything from the type of instrument, file, device etc etc

The more we produce the more the likelihood we will obtain more samples and more devices as time go's by, therefore a colour coding infrastructure would be extremely beneficial.

Taking this to a geeky level, similar to microsoft office, It would be cool if you could set up rules. A rule could for example automatically tag files so you don't have to individually go through the library one by one

......what say reason folk?