Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-01-11, 14:47

Adam Fielding & Tom Pritchard - Contrails

Hello!

A little while back I decided I should work on more collaborations as it's been a while since I got into a proper collaboration without taking half a year to finish a track or just losing steam altogether. Or remixing someone else's track, which I guess is a kind of collaboration.

Naturally, I asked my good friend and all around Reason guru Mr. Tom Pritchard if he'd be interested in doing anything and he sent over a track he'd been working on. We bounced it back and forth a few times and out this popped!

Loading SoundCloud…

Tom was responsible for all the synths and main song structure. I provided some additional arrangement, the drums & percussion (using Tom's Thorkit, natch!), guitars, vocals and some additional atmospheric touches.

I'm really happy with how it turned out and I'm looking forward to getting some more collaborations (I've got plenty of ideas floating about!) sorted in the year ahead. I'd love to know what you think of it
Old 2013-01-11, 14:53

I like it very much, just as "airy" and "weightless" as the title The intro is way too long for my tastes, then again I generally don't like long intros, but I think this one would work just as well if you went right into the beat. Anyway great work!
Old 2013-01-11, 15:02

Lightbulb Great

Now, I don't know how you feel about artist comparisons, but to me it's like a mix of Pink Floyd and Boards of Canada. In the best way. I can tell that you put some thought into this, and that is refreshing. Myself, I'm just now trying to learn how best to dedicate long periods of time to song creation, and this mix was quite inspiring in that regard! Keep it up!
Keep on Truckin', Guys & Girls... i5 2.5 GHz Spring 2011 iMac with 4GB RAM & (My Rack Extensions): ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, AutoArp, RE-2A Leveling Amplifier, HM1 Headphone Monitor Correction, DCAM BusComp, DCAM EnvShaper, Etch Red Dual Filter, Morfin XF Crossfader, Mesher-4K - CV Knobs Mix Panel, Ozone Maximizer, Charlotte Envelope Generator, AMMO BR1200 Modulation Synthesizer, REQ131 31 Band EQ, Audio to CV, Neutron Particle Emitter, CV Tuner, Probability Drum Trigger, A-Series 1 Modular Synth, A-Series 2 Modular Synth, Buffre Beat Repeater, Spacre Blank Plate, PX7 FM Synthesizer, Audiomatic Retro Transformer, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Pulsar Dual LFO, Radical Keys, Radical Piano, Synchronous Effect Modulator, CV Suite Line Mixer, CV Suite Line Processor, CV Suite Parametrix, Stereo Splitter, Peak Programme Meter, RE 200 Bass Enhancer, RE 202 Exciter, PredatorRE Instrument, SubBoomBassRE Instrument, ReMark Rack Divider, Softube Saturation Knob, Synapse DC-2 Dual Chorus, Synapse Antidote Synthesizer, Randrome Audio and CV Randomized Gate, CMD:Equation Math Module, Truth Logic Gate, Now, Uhbik F, Uhbik G, Uhbik S, Renoun Reverb, Yoko Band-Splitter.

Please - Check out FREE Music!

http://www.standbyghost.org/

Peace!
Old 2013-01-11, 15:41

Really nice piece of music. Mix is really crisp and clean.

I know the title says Contrails, but for some reason if I close my eyes I get more of a sense of gliding (used to do it years ago). I can just imagine spiraling up in a thermal (during the intro) and then soaring around at free will as the beat drops......

I just love music that takes you on a journey, well done to both of you.
Old 2013-01-11, 15:41

Chillout music you can shake your junk to...always a good arrangement.

The sound quality & mix is impeccably pristine...bravo,sirs!
Old 2013-01-11, 15:55
Banned

I think it's an amazing & gorgeous chill you've guys made! Superb!
Old 2013-01-11, 18:19

This is truly an amazing track, guys. It's so smooth & melodic. It's the very definition of music that 'flows', if that makes any sense at all. One of the best 4-minute journeys I've been on in recent memory. Very impressed. I'd love to hear more! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Cheers,

J

Eminent Domain Synth-Pop & Electronic Music Blog:
http://eminessence.wordpress.com

"Everything Counts In Large Amounts" - M.L. Gore
Old 2013-01-11, 18:30

I like this a lot. It's quite reminiscent of Telefon Tel Aviv's last album (Probably my most listened to album last year). Very good work indeed. You've earned yourself a new follower .
Old 2013-01-12, 01:56

Love the atmosphere, and the beat drops in nicely driving it along. Dig it!
Lover of Hip Hop/House & anything Funky
https://soundcloud.com/steve-larusso
Old 2013-01-12, 20:06

The lovely Marie just poked her head into my "studio" and said that this track sounds really good. So it must be really good .

Grum.